Tau 7 questions . . . older style?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
disconnector

Tau 7 questions . . . older style?

Post by disconnector »

Hello all,

I recently purchased a BRNO Tau 7 match at a gun show. After getting it home and really checking it out and comparing it to photos on the internet, I have found that it is the "old" style TAU with the non-adjustable palm shelf.

I have a couple of questions relating to this:

1. Are the internal parts the same for the new and older TAU pistols? Do you folks know of anyone who carries accessories for the TAU line?

2. Will the new grip with the adjustable palm shelf fit the older weapon? The grip on this thing right now is like something out of the Spanish Inquisition. I have broad palms and short fingers - this thing feels awful after a few pellets slap the trap.

3. If not, are there any makers of aftermarket grips for the TAU series pistols? I've checked every major maker (Morini, Nill, Rink, etc) and no one seems to have anything at all

BTW, this TAU is great. Very nice trigger and from a vise it will shoot one not-very-ragged hole at 10M. Unbelievable value for $350

Thank you all!

Rich B
KrizakCz

Post by KrizakCz »

Hello. The internal parts ahould be the same for shape,may be some material change in the trigger mechanism because older TAU's triggers were not so good.The grip could be a problem.People often make their own grip for TAU.No world-famous grip maker makes grips for TAU.Making the grip is not so difficult as it can seem,but if you will be doing it first time,I would reccomend you to ask for advice someone,who had done few grips already,or is good in customising grips.The TAU 7 Match should have a compensator.

Best regards

Jan
Nano

tau7 grip

Post by Nano »

Rich:

I don't want to cheer up, but a fixed grip very adapted to your hand is better than an adjustable grip.
The fact of being adjustable, makes lose some dimensions that are important.
Perhaps it is better than you work well that grip, using a sandpaper and something of paste, also goes you to leave more cheap, a rink grip would cost more that your gun.

Nano