FPS Comparison between IZH46M - Steyr LP10 and Morini 162EI

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Lee

FPS Comparison between IZH46M - Steyr LP10 and Morini 162EI

Post by Lee »

Hello all,

I know the IZH46M's FPS it approximately 470... Can anyone tell me the FPS of a Steyr LP10, and a Morini 162EI... My concern is the [/b]weight of pellets to purchase for an initial testing procedure...

Thanking in advance, anyone and all for their input...

Lee

Post by Guest »

testing match pellets in air pistols is a waste of time. The worst combination you can have will still hold the 10 ring.

Just practice, no excuses!
Lee

Same Subject

Post by Lee »

Hi,

Lets forget I said anything about pellets... Does Anyone know or did anyone Chronograph the Feet-Per-Second (FPS) shot from a Steyr LP10 or a Morini 162EI... Thats all I want to know, Thank you...

Lee[/b]
Axel

Post by Axel »

My LP10 shoots with 170 meters/sec. I've never touched the speed adjustment screw.

/Axel
Bob LeDoux

Post by Bob LeDoux »

My Morini 162EI came from the factory at 457 feet per second. My original IZH146, not the later M model, shot 392 feet per second. Both guns were shooting the heavy Miesterkugens (sp).
terrypchan

Steyr LP, Morini 162EI velocity

Post by terrypchan »

Brand new LP10 from Pilkguns, straight out of the box using Vogel Green Pellets (heavy) on a Beta Master Chrony gives 150M/s. I suspect that is the "true" factory setting as it seems to give a reasonable number of shots from 200 bar down to 100 bar on the cylinder.

The velocity screw does allow adjustment up to around 170M/s. The shooter at our club prefers the "feel" and grouping of the gun with the velocity set at 165M/s.

On my Morini 162EI Short (also Vogel green pellets) it gives the factory recommended setting of 150M/s. 162EI regular length pistol has a factory setting of 155M/s.
sparky

Post by sparky »

Over my Pact IV chronograph, my Steyr LP-1P with the Meisterkugeln (blue tin) pellets shoots them out at around 500-525 feet per second.
Patrick Haynes

Steyr LP10 and Morini 162EI Have Adjustable MV

Post by Patrick Haynes »

Hi.

Both of these APs have adjustable Muzzle Velocities. Technically, they can be whatever you want within a very broad range.

Our Steyr came from the factory at approx. 400 fps, but we've set it (permanently) to just below 500 fps to make it an non-firearm in Canada. The Morini came in at approx. 485 fps.

I have the IZH-46 as well, but I've never bothered to chronograph it.

Patrick
TomF

Post by TomF »

Morini 480-490fps
IZH 46M 420-435fps