Which Electronic Trainer is best.

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Hap Rocketto

Beamhit

Post by Hap Rocketto »

Yes, I do work for Beamhit as a part timer, Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa and for not mentioning it I do deserve a whoppin' There was no intent to deceive. I made no claims about the product, other than low cost. I just provided the website so that one might be able to see and investigate another system.
Greg Knutzen

Post by Greg Knutzen »

Is there anyone with a Noptel, Rika in the southern california area that I can see them work.
JPOC

Electronic Trainers

Post by JPOC »

Rika, Scatt, and Noptel are all excellent systems for athlete training in NRA, USAS, and ISSF shooting disciplines. Beamhit is a different type of product line for very different purposes. Unless they have something new that I'm not aware of, they do not have a comparable product.

Yes, the AMU uses Noptel. That is of interest to some and not to others. The OTC uses a custom built system. Elite athletes around the world use all three systems.

Historically, the Noptel has been much more expensive than the other two. They now have a new ST-2000 Sport II model that is much more affordable at about $1,700 or so, I think. Noptel has enjoyed a reputation for being a simple system to set up (e.g. no wires or electronics downrange), very accurate, very robust (important for carting it all over and for club and junior use), and has excellent software that is well thought out. It may be used for dry or live fire for air and .22 rifles and pistols, at reduced and at full distances. (Other models are available for high power use.) The Rika and Scatt are very good units, cost a bit less, and are very useful. The Noptel is highly regarded, and even back when they cost a lot more than they do now now, some felt they were worth the difference in price.

Concerning sensor weight: Yes, the sensor weighs more than zero grams, and yes the athlete can feel the difference (especially in pistol, yet even in rifle) and yes, from a purely scientific frame of reference this "changes" things. However, this does not reduce the effectiveness of the systems in assisting athlete and coach in diagnosis, confirmation, and other tasks. Athletes and coaches who view the weight as making it impossible to gain any value are missing the point... and focusing on theoretic obstacles instead of practical results. Yes it is "different". Ignore that "fact" and get to the task at hand.

Full disclosure: Although I am not an officially listed dealer, I do import new units directly from the factory now and then when folks ask me to. I purchased my first unit for $5,000 many years ago - with my own money for personal use and obviously with no dealer discount. They are that good. Yet, I recommend Rika or Scatt sometimes depending on each individual's needs and situation.

Download the software for each, install and study it, check the web sites, make your decision, and enjoy!

"Feel Center!"

-JP