Guest posting

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Shin
Site Admin

Guest posting

Post by Shin »

Guest posting is enabled again. Now if you want to post as guest you will be asked to enter confirnmation code. If it does not work for you - please register and post using your account. If you email me I can help you with registration.
Last edited by Shin on Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Shin:

Why did guest posting disappear in the first place? Look, I think anonymous posting is cheesy, but I'll defend hte right to do it.

Or was it some other issue?

Your Humble Servant SN 666
Shin
Site Admin

Post by Shin »

Spam coming from spam bots.
Every new message from new IP address, very few common keywords, random user name. It is very difficult to filter. So hopefully with this "visual confirmation" those bots will not be able to go through... And it is not difficult to register. You just need to type something in e-mail address field. You'll be able to edit your post after this, and nobody else will use your name. But it is up to you anyway...
Steve Swartz wrote:Shin:

Why did guest posting disappear in the first place? Look, I think anonymous posting is cheesy, but I'll defend hte right to do it.

RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Steve Swartz wrote:Shin:

Steve,
People are still anonymous even when registered - none of the posters know anyones 'real' identity. Plus if it cuts out that SPAM that puts off posters it gets my vote.

Rob.