Shooting Presentation

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

aim4au

Shooting Presentation

Post by aim4au »

I am compiling information for a presentation to a group of Boy Scouts. This isn’t a shooting demonstration, but a discussion of my experiences in shooting. I am a physically challenged rifle shooter, and my intent is to show how I have made the best possible situation despite adverse conditions. I will show the awards I have won throughout my career, in addition to pictures of my travels, as I have competed in the Paralympics three times. Also, I want to show the knowledge I use whenever I compete. The theme is to show the importance of education, finishing school, and avoiding delinquency. This is getting a lot of resistance, unfortunately. The person who contacted me about this has been denied this request by his supervisor and the parents. So, I’d like to have input on how to convince them myself that this is a truly safe and rewarding endeavor, and I would never endanger anyone in showing this sport. I am not allowed to have any firearms or ammunition with me, so I am improvising how to show what I do. I am creating a PowerPoint file to do this, but I’m looking for more visual aid. I think it’s OK to bring CO2 and compressed air cylinders to show how each reacts to open air. I’ve also collected pictures of eclipses to simulate sight alignment, an animation of burning gunpowder for its necessity to propel the bullet, and clipart of bullet trajectories to show its physics during flight. I could also bring targets with great scores to show the results of hard work and dedication. I would end my discussion by inspiring them to make great accomplishments with all of their abilities. I am reaching out now for input for this seminar. Please give me any food for thought you have regarding my proposal and any other materials I can use. If this goes well, it may evolve into presentations in front of entire school assemblies, perhaps even my high school alma mater. Any help is greatly appreciated.
cqbarms

Re: Shooting Presentation

Post by cqbarms »

CHeck here for some very cool flash demos

http://www.eatel.net/~amptech/elecdisc/rifledemos.htm
mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

Hi

Can you give me an idea of nationally known rescources for physically disabled people which have local groups? Our 4-H County Coordinator scheduled an Air Rifle class for the Physicallly disabled and no one signed up. I have an idea that we advertised in the wrong places. We were on the schedule for the Osage Rec. Center in the quarterly city wide activities book. Not everyone reads that. If you could give us a better idea of where to advertise next time that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike Schroeder
Wichita KS