Rapid Fire Match is Southern California

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Alan Prough

Rapid Fire Match is Southern California

Post by Alan Prough »

First let me introduce myself, I’m Alan Prough and I run a NRA sanctioned Bullseye Match the second Sunday of each month at Escondido Fish and Game Association in Escondido, California. Both of my sons have previously shot in UIT/ISSF competitions and were both members of USA Shooting and Black Mountain Shooting Club at one time. Some of you may remember my youngest, Jeremiah Prough as a J2, shooting Air Pistol, Junior Men’s sport Pistol and Men’s Rapid Fire. My older son Trevor Prough as a J1, use to shoot Running Target.

The board at Escondido Fish and Game Association has approved holding four Rapid Fire matches for 2005, March 13, June 12, September 11 and November 13, 2005. The course of fire is the same as USA Shooting rules, except that we allow any .22 caliber rim fire (short and long rifle). The matches are NOT: NRA approved or sanctioned or USA Shooting PTO’s. The matches are open to the public, club matches. Cost is $5.00 per shooter. Scores are not recorded and no awards of any type given out. If you would like more information contact me offline.
Alan Prough
efg_bullseye@cox.net
metermatch

Rapid Fire matches

Post by metermatch »

Thanks for the post. I have been looking for UIT matches nearby. I'm in Los Angeles. The only other matches I have seen except for Black Mountain matches at Prado has been in Arizona. (by the way, is Prado as a site gone, due to flooding?) Also, if you are shooting Rapid Fire, any thought to also shooting Center Fire? I will contact you offline for match info. Thanks, Jeff jokerloco9@aol.com
Alan Prough

Update on the Rapid Fire Match in Sourthern Califonia

Post by Alan Prough »

Update on the Rapid Fire match in Southern California

If today’s match is any indication of things to come, International Rapid Fire is on its way back. The match started approx an hour after the 1800 Bullseye match was completed. We had five Bullseye shooters who shot the entire course of Fire for Rapid Fire. Scores were not high but every shooter said that they a fun and enjoyed the challenge of the match. No, we did not follow the rules to the letter, but I feel that we meet the spirit of the rules. This is a club style match so the rule changes are meant to encourage participation, not to discourage shooters. Such rule changes for our match include: Magazines maybe loaded before the “load” command is given. Reducing the time after the “load: command from one minute to thirty seconds before the command of “Attention” is given.

Types of pistols being used were: Walther 2000 OSP, Morini model unknown, Smith 41 with a red dot, Colt 1911 with an ACE conversion and a Doctor sight and last but not least a Smith 41 with iron sights.

Maybe this all was a fluke, we’ll find out at the next match, which is June 12, 2005. If you’re in the Southern California area at that time, you have a open invitation to shoot the match. The match is open to the public. If any questions about the next match, please contact me offline at efg_bullseye@cox.net
Alex

RF matches in So. Cal

Post by Alex »

Bravo Alan.

I wish more people who ran matches would take a leap of faith and try Intl pistol. Years ago when I ran matches in the midwest we used to run an "1800" that consisted of a FP, standard pistol, and an Intl CF course. We let shooters load magazines in FP and shoot .45s in CF.

If I get out your way I'll definitely come out and shoot.

Hold center,

Alex
Alan Prough

Post by Alan Prough »

Scores ranged from a low of 382/600 to a high of 490/600. None of these shooters have shot Rapid fire in at least five years and several never have until this match. The two Turning Targets units that we are using were built by Eddy Esworthy for Black Mountain Shooting in San Diego, California approx 15 years ago and have been stored inside my garage when not being used.
ajmaveety2008

Nice to hear

Post by ajmaveety2008 »

I live in Eureka, Ca. I wish I was closer to join you guys way down south.
It looks like AZ or UT is still closer to me. That sucks. I wish you all the luck and hope to meet you in GA in June.

AJ
Mark Freedman

Re: Update on the Rapid Fire Match in Sourthern Califonia

Post by Mark Freedman »

Alan Prough wrote:Update on the Rapid Fire match in Southern California

Types of pistols being used were: Walther 2000 OSP, Morini model unknown, Smith 41 with a red dot, Colt 1911 with an ACE conversion and a Doctor sight and last but not least a Smith 41 with iron sights.
Actually, they were High Standard Victors, not Smith 41's.

Sorry, Alan, I couldn't resist :)

Mark
FredB

San Francisco Bay Area matches

Post by FredB »

ajmaveety2008 wrote:I live in Eureka, Ca. I wish I was closer to join you guys way down south.
It looks like AZ or UT is still closer to me.

AJ
AJ and all who might be interested,

The match schedule for SF Bay Area matches has just come out , including a number of USAS PTOs. Free pistol, standard pistol, rapid fire, and center fire matches will be held at 2 different locations. Not as many matches as last year, but something is better than nothing. Anyone who wants a schedule can send me a PM, and I will forward a PDF file with the schedule (assuming my computer cooperates with my limited skills). Hope to see you there!

FredB
ajmaveety2008

match

Post by ajmaveety2008 »

FredB: Are you talking about chabot and San Mateo?
FredB

Re: match

Post by FredB »

ajmaveety2008 wrote:FredB: Are you talking about chabot and San Mateo?
Yes.
ajmaveety2008

No rapid fire

Post by ajmaveety2008 »

there will be no rapied fire till July............