Feinwerkbau M2000

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Feinwerkbau M2000

Post by Guest »

Last Friday I purchased a Feinwerkbau model 2000 UIT standard in new condition still in the box. The sights, tools and accessories where still in there original packaging along with the users manual and test target.

I can find very little info on this rifle. If any can tell me anything about it and where I might be able find any parts or accessories for it I would be very gratefull since I plan to shoot it in the up coming prone and 3P matches.

Eric
ADC59

FWB Model 2000

Post by ADC59 »

Eric:
Well Eric that is quite a find and I'm envious. The FWB Model 2000 was introduced in 1979 and imported into the US by Beeman's. It was superceded in 1986 by the FWB 2600 in 1986 or so but probably still imported afterward. The stock and layout of the rifle probably correspond to one of the FWB 300 air rifle models (not sure which one). The thinking of the time for standard rifles was that you could shoot 3 position and 10 meter competition with a pair of rifles (smallbore and spring piston air) that had the same trigger, sights, and general weight/balance.

What parts and service are you looking for? Some parts for the more popular FWB 2600 (rifle) and 600 (air) rifles like sights are likely interchangeable. The new FWB rear sight will probably fit. Current production aftermarket Gehman diopters and front sight inserts should work. The Gunsmithing Inc website has used FWB parts and accessories. There is also a web-site dedicated to FWB 300 that you should look at.

I would talk to Neal Johnson at Gunsmithing Inc. directly for more information.

Alan Carey
rods

FWB M2000

Post by rods »

Where could I find the web site dedicated to the FWB 300?
Thanks
Rod
Tony Nielson

Post by Tony Nielson »

There is a discussion group at:

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/FWB300airguns/

just found it myself, but it looks like it has lots of good information in the archives.

Tony Nielson
Nielson Brothers Arm, Inc.
http:/www.nielsonbrothersarms.com
EfewII

Post by EfewII »

Thanks for the info Alan. It's stuff for the sights I'm looking for now. Front sight inserts mainly.
I got the rifle out to the range today. I handles and shoots great.
I'll give Gunsmithing Inc. a call and see what I can come up with.
Thanks again.

Eric
pilkguns back home

Post by pilkguns back home »

we have quite a few FWB inserts, give us a call