FWB P34 needs repair

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
JohnGalt

FWB P34 needs repair

Post by JohnGalt »

My FWB P34 has been sitting in its case without a charged cylinder attached for almost a year now, and I took it out last week to help teach a co-worker how to shoot. We never even started shooting, the safety is stuck in the "on" position. Is this something I could probably fix myself or should I send it off to be repaired? Who should I send it too? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Jay V

Re: FWB P34 needs repair

Post by Jay V »

JohnGalt wrote:My FWB P34 has been sitting in its case without a charged cylinder attached for almost a year now, and I took it out last week to help teach a co-worker how to shoot. We never even started shooting, the safety is stuck in the "on" position. Is this something I could probably fix myself or should I send it off to be repaired? Who should I send it too? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not the P-34 expert here, but since there haven't been any replies...

Your P-34 shouldn't have a safety. Could the lever or switch that you are talking about be the dry-fire mechanism?

If so, you most likely will need to have the trigger mechanism cocked in order to change it.

If that isn't it, talk to Scott (or Rhonda) at Pilkington (931) 924-3400 - I'm sure they can get it working.

Jay V
terrypchan

Re: FWB P34 needs repair

Post by terrypchan »

As a FWB P34 owner, I can tell you that the dry-fire/live fire button is supposed to be changed ONLY when the breech cover is fully open and cocked. The P34 manual clearly states that as well. The dry/live fire button is in dry-fire mode when the button protrudes on the left side of the gun (with the muzzle pointed towards a target). To change the button to live fire (discharging air) you need to fully cock the gun by opening the breech cover all the way and while it is open you can "press" the button to make it protrude on the right side of the gun.

When the gun is in dry-fire (no discharge of air) you still have to cock the gun (fully open and then close the breech cover) to allow ONE dry-fire shot.

With no air cylinder attached to the gun, you can fire the gun once with every open/close cycle of the breech cover and it should not matter which position the dry/live fire button is in.

If you have the breech cover fully cocked when open and you cannot switch button back and forth to the left and right sides then you will need to send it off for repairs. Either Pilkington or Beeman will still service a P34.