Unique DES 69

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
utemarksman

Unique DES 69

Post by utemarksman »

I have noticed that there are some shooters out there loyal to this pistol despite the low availablility of parts.

What is the general opinion of these guns from those who have used them and those who still shoot them?
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

I have been using a Unique DES 69U for quite a few years now. I purchased it secondhand and have had no trouble with it. Many of the members in our club use the Unique DES69 and we also have one as a club pistol which has had umpteen rounds through it with no problems.

Here in Australia the Unique is still popular as a secondhand pistol (not only for beginners either). I have never seen anyone have problems. The simplicity of design allows powder residue to blow out reducing friction in the working parts.

Mine likes a diet of Fiocchi and Ely (when I can get it at a reasonable price). Only problem is that I used to experience a lot of misfires with CCI and Winchester but that probably has more to do with the ammo than the pistol.

Post by Guest »

I have been using a old Unique 69 for 4 years now, have never had a misfeed or a malfunction, those around me using new Benillis, hammerlies, morinies and FAS always seem to be having problems of some description. Also the unique will eat any ammo you put in it, though accuracy varies, and on a good day will shoot regular tens, the balance is good, the trigger is smooth nd recoil managable. Do I need to go on