Morini air pistol - remove cylinder or not?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ColinC

Morini air pistol - remove cylinder or not?

Post by ColinC »

Hi all
I am new to this forum and would like to know the thoughts of those more experienced on whether I should unscrew the compressed air cylinder from my Morini 162 air pistol after finishing shooting? Can it cause any damage being left on? I have been told I should back it off until I hear the air escape at the end of each shooting session otherwise it can damage an o-ring. Others say just switch off the electronic trigger and pack it away.

I am all ears!
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I leave mine screwed on. It is not unusual for me to find that I have not shot for 3-4 weeks but, to date, I have not sufferred any problems with the gun or loss of pressure.

I have had the gun for about 4 years and have had it serviced once.

I don't know if I have just been lucky.

Post by Guest »

I don´t think, that you have to worry. My AP, 162 E, which I bought secondhand 3 years ago, has no cylinder to unscrew, and I´ve experienced no problems at all.

regards,

Keld Friberg Bojsen
terrypchan

Post by terrypchan »

I would think you would end up causing more problems with your air cylinder by unscrewing and screwing your cylinder on your gun every day. Not only are you stressing your seals by the decompress/compression cycle you are also causing your regulator to experience a lot of unnecessary decompress/compress cycles.

I prefer to leave my 162EI cylinders fully charged and on the gun until its time to refill the cylinders. You'll also note that no where in the Morini manual does it suggest that you unscrew the cylinder after each use.
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

Thanks guys
I think I will leave it screwed on which was what I have been doing in the past. Some AP manufacturers suggest taking the cylinder off or at least releasing pressure. The Rohm Twinmaster has a little plastic spacer which fits between the gun and the cylinder when it is unscrewed about a centimetre.
As for the Morini handbook - Now that's something that could be improved greatly.