Detroit Armour 10M Target System

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Luftrick

Detroit Armour 10M Target System

Post by Luftrick »

Does anyone remember the motorized target retrieval system made by Detroit Armour Co. called The Competitor? It was a simple, yet rugged little unit with a reversible momentary switch on the front of the motor housing and was reasonably priced. One of the local ranges that I shoot at has 12 of these and I am wondering if anyone might have any leads on tracking down some additional units (functioning or not) so that there are spares for parts in the future. These have been in use at the range for almost 15 years and are a great little system. Too bad they are no longer produced.

Any information or leads appreciated.

Patrick
Chris

Post by Chris »

I have been using one since 1992 to shoot AP. The only issue I have had with it was I had to replace the strings once and it was not easy to find the correct size and type. I ened up getting something slightly larger and drilling out the holes on the carrier.