InterShoot Den Haag 2005

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Fabian

InterShoot Den Haag 2005

Post by Fabian »

InterShoot Den Haag 2005

Individual Results Air Pistol Men

Friday February 4th

Interesting results, a 591. Never heard of his guy before. Doesn't it ties the world record?

Gevorgjan A., N.W.D.S.B.

99 99 99 98 98 98 = 591

9.8 9.2 10.6 9.9 10.2 8.9 10.6 9.8 9.4 9.3 = 97.7 = 688.7

http://www.intershoot.nl/index_files/Re ... ml#IRAPMen
David Levene

Re: InterShoot Den Haag 2005

Post by David Levene »

Fabian wrote:Interesting results, a 591. Never heard of his guy before. Doesn't it ties the world record?
I'm afraid not.

In 1989 Sergei Pyzhianov set the World Records, both with and without finals, at the World Cup Final in Munich. I believe that his 593+102.1=695.1 rate as the greatest World Records in any event. Not only is the score obviously extremely high but there have been so many opportunities to break it.

Eric Buljung's Standard Pistol record is older but there have been far fewer opportunities to break it.

World Records can only be set at Olympic Games, World Championships, World Cups, Continental Championships and Continental Games. Scores shot at Intershoot would not therefore be eligible, even if they were high enough.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Like David, I was under the impression that 593 was the world record. I never knew that there were restrictions as to where such records could be shot though. As a point of interest there were a few national records set (certainly for England), and some very respectable scores. Daryl Szarenski put in 3 x 580+'s if I remember correctly with the best a 587 (?).

There were also some very good scores from the rifle side as well a ladies 399, and I saw Boschman shooting a few tens after a trio of tons on the third day.

Rob.
ruig

Post by ruig »

ALL SHOOTING RECORDS

Also, Gevorgjan A. is from German National Team (Deutschland Schuetzenbund)
Friger

NWDSB

Post by Friger »

A. Gevorgjan is competing for NWDSB, abreviation for Nord-West Deutsches Schüetzenbund) which translates to

" North-West-German-Shooting-Asosiation".

The name indicates he or his family has imigrated westward.
some years back the two brothers Putteck, Owe and Jens, roamed the Ap and FP competitions.
The german record still belongs to Owe, I recon, which is 592.

Please bring correct info if I am mistaken.

Friger
rwpowell

Post by rwpowell »

Seem to remember Gernot EDER shooting a 592 at Intershoot in the late 1990's.
Luftrick

Post by Luftrick »

Congrads to the USAMU Team for taking first place in mens team AP at Intershoot 2205!

#1: USArmy
D. Szarenski: 583
T. Rose: 571
R. Mango: 566
Total: 1720
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Luftrick wrote:Congrads to the USAMU Team for taking first place in mens team AP at Intershoot 2205!

#1: USArmy
D. Szarenski: 583
T. Rose: 571
R. Mango: 566
Total: 1720
Since there was a competition on each of the 3 days and rather than just selecting the best results ;) - the actual winners on each of the 3 days were;

Day 1 - Sweden
Day 2 - USAMU
Day 3 - England
Luftrick

Post by Luftrick »

Actually, if you read closely, you will see that those were the results from Intershoot 2205, not 2005. I am a bit of a precognitionist. Some call me: Nostra-dumbass.

My bad. Congratulations to all the competitors.

Patrick