Large palm / Very short fingers

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
prfct2700

Large palm / Very short fingers

Post by prfct2700 »

I shoot the NRA 50 foot gallery course. Have large palm, very short fingers. Need a pistol that not only fits my hand, yet allows me a proper grip, yet reach the trigger properly. Any shooters in the same situation that have found a pistol or a solution?
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

I have small/small.
I think you will have to do what I finally did...carve your grip to fit YOUR hand. It is the only way to get a generic grip to fit your hand. The only trick is which is a better starting point for you a medium or large grip.

Gary
tenex

Post by tenex »

What kind of gun do you shoot? My wife has an IZH-35 that has the trigger mounted on a long rail that allows a wide range of fore & aft positions. She has short fingers and we've got the trigger pretty far back. The Pardini also has a trigger adjustable for length, and goes back pretty far.

I know people with short fingers that have problems with model 41's due to the trigger position, and I have a Ruger that I have a hard time with even though I have pretty long fingers.

I would take a hard look at the IZH if you can find one.

Steve.
VAshooter

Post by VAshooter »

I have very short fingers and have always had a problem with trigger length. Even when I can reach the trigger, my hand is sometimes in a position that makes smooth easy movement of the trigger finger difficult. I have bought and sold a number of target pistols trying to find ones that fit my hand. I've also left a lot of sawdust on the basement floor.
When I get one to fit and can reach the trigger and release it easily, life is good.

Doug in Virginia