Pistol shooting in Denver, Co.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Alex L

Pistol shooting in Denver, Co.

Post by Alex L »

I am visiting relatives in Denver during July/August for a month.
Are there any ISSF pistol competitions there during that time?
I will Not be bringing any firearms with me, but I would love to visit and see how you conduct your competitions over there.
Maybe I can pick up some new ideas to bring back to Oz.

I would appreciate it if anyone can give me a contact.
F. Paul in Denver

Post by F. Paul in Denver »

Alex, you are coming to the promised land of ISSF. A veritable mecca of the international shooting sports awaits you.

It's still a bit early to know exactly what will be scheduled during your visit but I have no doubt you'll be able to get some quality trigger time in while you are here.

Denver is located about 50 miles north of the Olympic Training Center (OTC) in Colorado Springs. Additionally, the Arvada Rifle and Pistol Club (ARPC) is located a few miles NW of downtown Denver and presently runs a weekly international league on Monday nights. On Thursday nights, we have bullseye shooting which is even more popular. There are at least two other shooting venues in the area which are very active during the summer months. Who knows, we may send you home with the bullseye fever.

Let me know when your plans firm up and I'll be happy to hook you up with a contact at the OTC and a personal invite to our humble ARPC. I'm sure there will be no shortage of loaner guns for you to play with.

F. Paul in Denver
Alex L

Pistol Shooting in Denver, Co.

Post by Alex L »

Thank you for your reply.
My wife is involved with the Lacemaking Convention in Denver during the first week in August, and I may be involved - helping out.(No, I don't make lace!!)
However, we plan to arrive 10 days or so before that, and leave for home mid August.

I would love to meet you all, and when our dates of travel are finalized, I will get back to you, if you could let me have your email address.
Mine is : lizlace@bigpond.com

Once again thank you for you reply.
Alex L.