IZH-46 Trigger Adjustment

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Mark in AZ

IZH-46 Trigger Adjustment

Post by Mark in AZ »

Hello all. I have been trying to adjust the trigger on the IZH 46 in order to set it up as a two stage. I have been able to allow some first stage travel by loosening screw f but it has no weight. It just wobbles. Is this normal?

http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/spizh46.htm

Thanks,
Mark
scout18

Post by scout18 »

Great idea to link to this picture. What do you mean by wobble? does the trigger Assy. move around? Is your trigger adjusted to 500 grams or so? When I adjusted my trigger it was a balancing act to get the right weight and a two stage pull.

Basically I my first stage is just slop from loosening F. ther is tension there but =very littl I use the slcak to check my rearward pull on the trigger. I squeeze until I feel the weight of the second stage a few times just to see if my sight alignment is changing while I do this. If all is in order I continue with my shot. I have perhaps too much over travel but after a nice clean break my sight picture dioesn't change and I like to use the extra travel as follow through.
Mark in AZ

Post by Mark in AZ »

Well, considering your experience, maybe the wobble is normal. I continued trying combinations with screws a and b tonight and stumbled on a two stage arrangement with some significant weight on the first stage. It's weird, the whole assembly wobbles until you cock the action and then it turns into a light first stage if that makes sense. I now have a defined second stage which has a tiny bit of travel before the shot goes off and a little more before the trigger stops.

I will tinker a little more with the length of travel before the shot so it will keep me guessing as to when the shot will go off. I will also recheck my total weight of pull to make sure nothing has changed there.

Thanks for the quick response.

Mark
scout18

Post by scout18 »

I do not notice any real wobble. What I get is a very light first stage and thena definate stop until my apply 510 grams. This pistol shoots same hole accuracy and at my last match I shot a 540. I am shooting next weekend and I should do better than that as I have been training for about a year. I am groupong very well at 7 meters, we will see if it translates at ten. good luck and don't be afraid to cahnge it. just record what you do and how many changes you make. change only one thing at a time. good luck
R.E. Smalley

IZH

Post by R.E. Smalley »

What kind of pellets are you guys using?

I've got the champion's choice pellets, but I haven't been able to vise test (I have no indoor facilities available right now)

thanks,
Ed
Mark in AZ

Post by Mark in AZ »

I'm using JSB Shaks for this pistol and my Pardini K60. It groups quite well with them but I didn't use a vise. I got about .18" ctc with the JSBs in my IZH using the B square mount and a rifle scope with 5 shots. The H&N match, R10 rifle or pistol pellets didn't net me much better groups. It also surprisingly liked the Daisy wadcutters if I visually tossed the deformed ones, they are so inconsistently shaped.
scout18

Post by scout18 »

I am using some round nose pellets that are all forme th same die. I like them on my regular paper targets . I don't get the tear out that I get with wadcutters. For matches I have been using H-N match. I would consider others though. The Pellets U sue are available locally so It makes it more convenient to me.