US Pistol National Championship Poll

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Have you ever attended an international pistol national cahmpionship in the United States?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:53 pm

No
50%
Yes, but not in recent years
24%
Yes, and plan to in the future but not every year
15%
Yes, and plan to every year
12%
Yes, but not until I think I can make the team
No votes
No, and not until I think I can make the team
No votes

Total votes: 34

PETE S

US Pistol National Championship Poll

Post by PETE S »

This is the first in a series of polls about the USAS Pistol National Championships. The first question is to establish how many Target Talkers have ever attended or plan on attending a national championship in the United States. The next polls would attempt to learn about why or why not.
Luftrick

Post by Luftrick »

My answer is not listed as a choice:

No, but plan to in the future.

If I have as much fun as I think I will, I'll be trying to make it an annual event like Camp Perry was for me in the late '70s & early '80s.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Do you really mean 'international' national pistol championships ? I thought your nationals were strickly US only (?)

Rob.
PETE S

Post by PETE S »

I am refering to it as "international" to differentiate from 3-gun bullseye (conventional pistol) or the many other pistol disciplines which also hold national championships in the US. Camp Perry is a 3-gun bullseye national championship that can attract 800 competitors.

However, I know that it is possible to attend and compete as a "visitor." Let me extend an invitation to you and our other friends over seas
PETE S

just keeping this where people will see it

Post by PETE S »

23 replies out of 138 views, That can mean only a small percentage of Target Talkers care enough to vote in the poll, or there are a large number of viewers that this does not apply to.

USANC

Post by Guest »

Maybe your poll is poorly worded.

Maybe no one wants to respond to your poll.

It is not an "international event", everyone here knows what goes on at the USANC.

Maybe you miss spelled "Championship"
David Levene

Re: USANC

Post by David Levene »

Guest wrote:Maybe you miss spelled "Championship"
Is that the same as "misspell" ?

Poll results

Post by Guest »

Mr. Pace is correct, since I am not registered I can not vote.
I view this site frequently (at least once a day, usually more often) but I prefer not to register
Luis Medina

Post by Luis Medina »

Have you ever attended an international pistol national cahmpionship in the United States?
I think the poll question needs to be restated.

Here are some problems with this question:

1- "Have you ever attended.....": What does this mean? Have I ever attended as in to watch or to participate? I want to think attendance = participation. If this is the case then why not ask that.

2- "...international pistol national cahmpionship(sic)...": Sounds a bit confusing. Maybe I'm slow but at first I had to read 3 times before I realized that "international pistol..." = "uit/issf rules...".

Maybe rephrasing the question will get better results.

A suggestion here:

"Have you or will you ever compete in a UIT/ISSF rules pistol championship in the US?"
PETE S

Results to date

Post by PETE S »

There are many reasons that people do not respond to surveys, lack of interest in the subject, poor survey, and some people just don't respond to surveys. National election polls are very carefully prepared and look at the last couple of USA presidential elections, the polls got key points wrong.

I hope to gather some information of value, some insights into why shooters do or do not attend the nationals. I am going to work carefully to word the next few a little better.

Today, there are two observations:
1. 31 votes out of over 980 registered users
2. The two selections about making the team were not used
Chris

Post by Chris »

As most people have pointed out there are some different ways the quesitons could be asked.

For me. Yes I have intended. Yes I plan to attend in the future the last few years have not worked out. Yes I do think I can make the team.

The posted question was asking one question and then looking for 2 more answers in some of the options. I picked one that best fit but I am sure was not going to meet the expectations of the person posting the poll.