Goes anyone where to purchase a pully system for 10m target?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Goes anyone where to purchase a pully system for 10m target?

Post by Guest »

I'm trying to build a 10 meter AP range in my basement. Goes anyone know of a manufacturer or retailer that will sell me an automatic or manual pulley. Worse come to worst, I guess I could make it myself. Thanks.
Jay V

Re: Goes anyone where to purchase a pully system for 10m tar

Post by Jay V »

Anonymous wrote:I'm trying to build a 10 meter AP range in my basement. Goes anyone know of a manufacturer or retailer that will sell me an automatic or manual pulley. Worse come to worst, I guess I could make it myself. Thanks.
We got our Gehmann manual units from Pilkington. They are simple and work well.

Talk to Rhonda at (931) 924-3400.

Jay V
http://www.aiac-airguns.org
Alex L

Indoor Air Pistol Range

Post by Alex L »

Hi,
I would like to make a couple of suggestions to use for your indoor Air Pistol Range.
1) Maunal operation - buy a large hand grinder, and adapt it work a pulley. as it can work backwards and forwards, to send the targets both ways.. It can be adapted to either left or right hand. The target holder should be made of aluminiun with a slot,. so you can insert the targets.

2)Go to a car wreckers and buy an old a 12 volt windscreen wiper motor. Fit a pulley onto it , and with a 2 way switch which will change the polarity to send the targets both ways.

These are 2 very cheap ways to go, if you are engineering-minded, and can fix them up.
To add to this , to make it even better - buy an old security camera, with a small TV screen, and you can have your own indoor, electronic scorer!

Hope this helps.
Alex L, in Australia.

Camera TV Solution

Post by Guest »

That sounds like a great idea. Maybe you can pickup a cheap old VHS or Hi 8 camcorder and mount in on a tripod. I think you can buy these old camcorders cheaply on Ebay.
Bill177

Any hardware store for $10 or a little more

Post by Bill177 »

Get a set of clothsline pulleys. Cheap ones require hand-over-hand operation of the rope. Fancy ones have a crank on one of the pulleys.

Simple and easy - but, not first class like the one shown at:
http://www.pilkguns.com/homerange.htm
that says "Gehmann Manual Target Changer, including both rifle and pistol target carriers and backstop.
$130"

Personally, I just walk between my shooting position and my target box. Very unprofessional, but effective.
tseuG

Home made 10 pulley

Post by tseuG »

About that wiper motor, Alex L:

Voltage for that wiper motor is 12 volts (9 - 15). This necessiates either a battery, or a transformer.

About switching on and off: preferably there should be an auto on off switch when target arrives at 10 m exactly, and same by return of target to firing point. What arrangement did you come up with?

Interesting project.

Here in Europeone one can buy Cromer or Rica electric pulleys. But they do not come cheap. There used to be marketed an eletric pulley made in England, that came at a bargain price, relative to the Rica.

I think it´s always a better idea to practise with friends (competitors) at the clubs range. Home training won´t make no champion. But when there is no other option I do so myself.
Alex L

Indoor Air Range.

Post by Alex L »

Most of the answers here have provide a range of ideas for you.
I have not built one myself. However, we have a number of Clubs that have a similar arrangement, which operated about 15 bays, with one large battery. A battery charger is near by.
You don't need a special arrangement to stop the target at 10 metres. Just operate the switch, and it will stop when it gets to the end. However, another suggestion is to put rubber stops/buffers, to stop the impact.

Good luck with it. Let us know what you make up, in the end. We will be interested to hear how you go.

When you are ready to compete against some older shooters, we could have a fun competition over the airwaves!
Regards from ?Sunny? Melbourne,Australia.