LP10 trigger adjustment

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
JohnK

LP10 trigger adjustment

Post by JohnK »

I have an LP10 that I just got finished trying to adjust.
I have the 1st and 2nd stage where I want it but I now have a "click" right at the end of the first stage just as I put pressure on the 2nd stage.
Any ideas as to what I adjusted wrong?
Thanks!
JLK
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

I haven't a clue but have you introduced the click - i.e. was it there before you adjusted the trigger ? If no then I would suggest you try and take it back to where it was initially and have another go. You may also find it useful to start with a 50:50 split 1st to 2nd and adjust it from there.

Rob.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

John,

More information on how you have your trigger set up would help in making an accurate diagnosis of the problem. 1st/2nd stage weights, draw lengths etc would be a big help.

Without knowing these settings I'll throw out a couple of possibilities for you to consider.
1) the tension springs that produce 1st & 2nd stage draw weights are coil springs working in compression. If one of them is adjusted too tight (ie too much weight on 1st stage) then one or more coils of the spring may be forced inside another coil as you compress the spring fully. This might produce something like a clicking feel.
2) The adjustment screws have a square shoulder and post on them on the end which is inside the pistol. The coil springs slide over the post and sit up against the square shoulder. If the adjustment screws are a bit sloppy in their threads then they may move, but I've never seen this on an LP-10. You might also have the springs impinging tightly on the post of the adjusting screw, producing a clicking sensation in much the same manner as item 1) above.

Hope this is of some help.