What's the difference Steyr LP10 and Anschutz LP?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
riskmanager

What's the difference Steyr LP10 and Anschutz LP?

Post by riskmanager »

I'm an AP hobbyist and I've been shooting with a Feinwerkbau 103 for two years. I finally want to make the jump to compressed air and wanted to know if anyone has a good answer on the difference between a Steyr LP10 and Anschutz LP10 other than a stabilizer? Which one should I buy if I want to take the next step into competition? Thanks
Last edited by riskmanager on Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
David Levene

Re: What's the difference Streyr LP10 and Anschutz LP10?

Post by David Levene »

riskmanager wrote:Which one should I buy if I want to take the next step into competition?
Which one feels better to you? Why are you not also considering the other "top line" manufacturers.

Incidentally, isn't the Anschutz called the "LP@" (or some other silly name).

Nobody can tell you which gun you should buy, it is too much of a personal thing.
Reinhamre

LP10 or Anschutz

Post by Reinhamre »

Hi,

The LP 10 will have a better value second hand. If you do not like the gun, it can be more difficult to find a buyer if you do save a few $$ and go for the Anschutz.

Morini 162 MI Short is a nice gun I think. I have EI Short and Long.
MI does have angle adjustment and a "less fat" grip.

Kent
Nano

Re: What's the difference Streyr LP10 and Anschutz LP10?

Post by Nano »

Reinhamre:

both guns are same.
if your you are a sure buyer, you should buy the gun Steyr
If you don't like to have the same thing that all have, the Anschutz buys
If you are interested to sell the gun FWB 103, please send me an e-mail with the price. ezamora@fps.gov.bo

Nano
riskmanager

Post by riskmanager »

Unfortunately, there’s really no place to test or even get a hold of a Steyr LP10 or Anschutz LP@ (David you were right) around me. I guess if I could I would like to try out a FWB P40 too. At any rate, I’ll have delay my purchase until I finish the basement for the kids and the wife. Thanks
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Aren't there any clubs near you where you could speak to the members (and maybe try their guns).

I see from your location that you are PA/NJ. Does that put you anywhere near Cherry Hill. I only ask because there was a question recently about clubs in that area. I remember it because my sister lives there.
riskmanager

Post by riskmanager »

Hey David,

I maintain two houses one in Newtown Square, PA and the other in Belle Mead, NJ. They're both about 1 hour 30 minutes from Cherry Hill. If you have the name of the club or range that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks... Tristan
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Tristan

Have a look at the Southern New Jersey Shooters thread.

Good luck.
CraigE

in case you don't get to the thread

Post by CraigE »

Square Circle in Gibbsboro, NJ (pauladamowski@comcast.net)
Citizens Rifle and Revolver Club in Princeton Jct. NJ.

Both excellent and hospitable clubs witn NRA AP60 matches. CRRC also has rifle.

Come and have some fun. CraigE
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Riskmanager,
I live in Wilmington, DE and belong to Delaware County Field & Stream in Brookhaven, PA. (http://www.dcfs.org/) That is very close to Newton Square. The club has a dedicated 60 yd airgun range and holds AP and AR matches throughout the year (weather permitting).
Citizens Revolver & Rifle in Princeton Junction NJ - not far from Bellemeade - has an active airgun program. This Sunday is the last of their Winter series (Nov-Feb). Contact Walt Gregory (wgregory0887320@msn.com) for more info. I've seen just about every model in use at these matches.
When the snow melts a little more, I'd be happy to get together with you at Delaware County F&S and you you can shoot my LP1 and LP50.

Fred

PS There is also a club in Gibbsboro that holds AP matches. Am trying to get more info about it.
riskmanager

Post by riskmanager »

Thanks Fred,

I'll check out them out.
DaveS

LP@ vs LP10 Differences

Post by DaveS »

Unless I missed something about the answers to the original question, a note needs to be added here.

The Anschutz LP@ DOES have the bolt stabilizer. Outside of the barrel shroud with it's integral,vertical compensator, the ONLY feature difference between the two is the barrel porting which the Steyr has and the LP@ doesn't. Otherwise they are the very same air pistol with cosmetic differences. Putting it another way, they are EXACTLY both the same pistols behind the barrel.

There is a difference in the stock guns with firing behavior. There is no perceptible muzzle jump in the Steyr. There is a little in the stock LP@. It doesn't seem to be the barrel porting. The Steyr has the older,vertical venting that counteracts the barrel lift. The LP@ has radial porting. If you replace the compensator with a Turbo-Comp or another similar,vertical comp, the barrel lift is not noticeable any longer.

A few years ago, there was quite a difference between the guns in price ~ $350 usd which made a compelling reason to look into the LP@. Now it's not so much of a margin and more of a matter of brand or national loyalty.

Post by Guest »

the anschutz LP@ now has barrel porting just like the steyr

Post by Guest »

Can we now say that the two AP's are exactly the same except the Barrel styling?
Are the barrels from the same manufacturer or does Anschutz make their own? What is their reputation for AP barrels?
DaveS

Post by DaveS »

As I understand, Anschutz makes their own barrels for the LP@. They are similar to the barrels that were used in the earlier M10 version that was a joint venture between Anschutz and Cesare Morini/SAM. Anschutz barrels are legendary for thier quality and precision, so there would be no reason to suspect that they would be inferior to Steyr. I could never understand why Anschutz would have marketed the LP@ without the porting in the first place unless they had a good reason. Even though they own the controlling interest now in Steyr, Anschutz isn't a company to produce anything that might be perceived as inferior in order not to be competitive against their Steyr interests. If Anschutz now is porting the barrels, the only difference would be the radial compensator. If I had to make this choice again assuming the price point is near par now, I'd opt for the Anschutz again, primarly for the carrier bar/weights. I also prefer the LP@ grip. It's similar to the one used on the LP1 rather then the one on the LP10.

dfs
JoeG

Want to trade for a LP10?

Post by JoeG »

I have a shooting buddy who has a Steyr LP10 which he purchased about a year ago. Although he likes the gun a lot he used to shoot a FWB 102 years ago and has been thinking to get a FWB 103. Would you be interested in perhaps a trade? He could send you photos of the Steyr if you have any interest. He also has a Hill high pressure pump that could be part of the deal too. Let me know and I will get him in touch with you. Thanks, Joe G.
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

Are the Steyr grip and Anschutz one interchangeable?

Following the exploded drawings seems a bit different on the base plate, under the screw.

Anyone know the differences?

Thank you,
LukeP
cdf

Post by cdf »

The LP@offers a three faced front sight , 4mm , 4.5mm an 5mm . Other than that its cosmetics , to shroud or not to shroud . The weight system is also different , the LP@ has the weights well below the bore axis .

Chris
GaryBF

Post by GaryBF »

Luke,
FWIW, I believe that the Steyr and Anschitz grips are interchangeable. I ordered an after market grip from Rink-Formgriffe for my Anschutz and it is listed together with the LP-10 as the same.

Post by Guest »

FWB 40 is replaced by 44 either way have all the latest adjustments. pricer than ans, or styer. fwb have a bolt that pushes pellet into breech, a or s you have to seat the pellet. nit-pick area.