Haemmerli free pistol, new model coming in 2005?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Haemmerli free pistol, new model coming in 2005?

Post by Guest »

Has anyone information on the possible new free pistol Haemmerli model FP60 (?) that could be coming already in 2005?
fsmte

Re: Haemmerli free pistol, new model coming in 2005?

Post by fsmte »

Guest wrote:Has anyone information on the possible new free pistol Haemmerli model FP60 (?) that cold be coming already in 2005?
possibly not. Hämmerli left to produce model 208 certainly in view of that in the Whisker the steel is expensive, as well as the work of good technician did not have sale therefore 208 was the double of the price of Pardini, FAS, etc. (208 were all in manufactured steel and in 665 operations until being ready). , pistol thus free 162 was almost 2 times more expensive than TOZ. therefore, perhaps, the Hämmerli changed model 280 (to sell at a loss the SP-20) e the new FP-10 is manufactured by the SAM. thinks difficult launching but it will be come close will be good and of superior quality.

Post by Guest »

The new Hammerli free pistol is supposed to be introduced at the IWA show in February and available in perhaps a year.
fsmte

Post by fsmte »

Post by Guest »

Thanks! From the picture looks like having some old elements as well as something new. Any technical specifications available yet?
deleted1

Post by deleted1 »

Looks kind of familiar as noted before---the rear end of the 160 and the front end of the FP-10. My only question is to who or whom is going to actually build the new model- IMHO Frankly if it is left to Morini (???) to manufacture this new Free Pistol, I personally would avoid it like the plague. Morini (???) hasn't had much luck with the FP-10 (Hammerli) and the MG2 or CM22. I am kind of down on Morini et al whoever they really are---between Swiss Morini and Italian Morini I don't know who is who (or whom). Frankly I am seriously contemplating selling my 160 Special and getting my second TOZ. At 74 and counting I need a much more forgiving gun.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Now you've got me totally confused. I thought that SAM were doing the manufacturing for Hammerli.
Jim in SC

Post by Jim in SC »

Interesting picture!!
I wonder from the looks if it has any relation to the new SAM that Mr. Nygord had announced on www.nygord-precision.com a few months back.
funMore

Those guns are not at all bad...

Post by funMore »

Senor Riegl:

I have owned a Sam/Haemmerli FP 10 since 1999 and fired it extensively. My gun is in the prototype serial number range. When the company corrected the extractor, an I changed one of the trigger resistance springs, I shoot better scores with this gun than I ever did with my former MC-55. And I was younger and practised more back then!

The FP 10 is in my opinion a good FP. If one removes the "legs" of the gun, if becomes a wonderful leightweight gun for older hands. Thanks to the efficient compensator, the recoil/muzzleflip is not noticably more disturbing than by the very heavy TOZ 35.

And the CM 22. Well, yes there were and still are some minor flaws with some gun. Most are cured by the new magazines/followers and by a correct polishing job of the chamber. The steel CM 22 is very front heavy, but there is an "aluminium" option offred, which then is a bit on the light side. But one can buy weights to attach to the frame, 4 in total, from 30 to a full 120 grams, which should fullfill anybodys neads.

Can you please clarify to me exactly what you dislike about these very guns, Bob? Maybe I can give you some hints. I have owned and fired the CM 22 extensively since nov. 2000.

And the MG 2? What is wrong about it, besides the strange looks and the unconventional "ball pen magazine"? I have fired a few hundred rounds through one belonging to a shooting pal, and it worked all right. So well, in fact, that I will receeive my own specimen in a few weeks.

Post by Guest »

Here it is now on the official page:

http://www.haemmerli.ch/index.php?id=191&L=1

Post by Guest »

FP10 is made by SAM (Swiss Arms Manufacture in Lugano). I have owned the gun for a couple of years and I am very pleased for its quality and functionality. I needed to change to Rink grip owing to my disproportional long fingers. Yet, the gun stands like a rock. I quess the new FP60 has same roots, as FP10, but I cannot bet for that argument.