Difference Steyr LP5/LP50

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Anders Turebrand

Difference Steyr LP5/LP50

Post by Anders Turebrand »

I own a LP5 but had the opportunity to handle a LP50 last week...

I honestly felt it was just a LP5 facelift with ports when, discussing dryfire or specifically the need for a dryfire magazine with it's owner, I came to realise that it cycles without pellets in the magazine.
Now, my LP5 doesn't do that...

You still have to insert the magazine to fire the pistol but it doesn't matter if it's loaded or not.

That's good in competition, if you drop a pellet when loading (which is a non-allowable malfunction) you simply loose that shot and not all subsequent shots.

For dryfire practice at home I would still use a dryfire magazine, it's safer on the walls and less likely to disturb the neighbours, as using the original magazine releases air on each shot and it's quite loud.

Anyway, what I meant to say was that Steyr has done more product development than the obvious cosmetic changes.

/Anders
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

I hate to disagree with my freind from Sweden, but dry firing the LP5 without a magazine has always been possible. It is quite normal for the CO2 version, and can be easily down on the Air version by adjusting the air pressure up, and then making the corresponding changes elsewhere to keep the semi-auto function working.

It seem in recent years with the LP5 and all the LP50s they have done this automatically. But we sell a dummy magazine that is much quieter to shoot.
Anders Turebrand

Post by Anders Turebrand »

I stand corrected... :-)

I guess the fact that my LP5 manages approximatly 200 shots on one filling explains why mine doesn't drycycle, btw it stops cycling when the pressure is down to 40 bars...

I use a dummy magazine that doesn't feed, it simply allows the action to recock.

Best regards
Anders