Feinwerkbau C 20

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
sklein

Feinwerkbau C 20

Post by sklein »

I have been shooting a C-20 for about a year using a sub six hold and decided to try a six o'clock hold. My attempts to lower the rear sight have been ineffective. I have screwed the sight as low as it will go and the impact still falls at the 12 o'clock in the 7-8 ring. I have looked at the sight closely and there appears to be an inherent block at the rear of the sight which prohibits further travel. I then looked at the front sight blades and none are taller than the one I am using and that blade appears to be unaltered.

Does any one know a "trick" for lowering the rear sight other than filing the block below the rear of the sight or is there a source for front sight blades which are taller?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you may give.
Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

When I wanted to go from 6:00 to cente-hold to try it, i had the same problem, I called a former olympian and gunsmith/dealer to ask the same question you just asked and he talked me into using sub-6 as it give less distraction to focusing on the front sight.

Without changing the sights, Shoot a bunch of shots in each position and see how "tight" the group is, don't worry about the score as the shots will be high, just see if your eyes prefer the new sight picture enough to warrant any change.

you can glue a piece of material to the top of the front sight to temporarily raise it, i have done this to Mauser rifles.

if you find you want to shoot the 6:00 or center hold or something else, then spend the money on the proper front sight.

good shooting

Poole
http://arizona.rifleshooting.com/
Nano

Back sights

Post by Nano »

Maybe I don't understand what you have described well.
if the shots are low, you should go up the back sight, therefore you should not screw, you should unscrew.

I speak Spanish and all that I write, I make by means of a program and I lose a lot in the translation, but I believe that you are making the contrary movement in the back aim.

Nano
DaveS

Post by DaveS »

I'm not too sure why you're having this problem. Feinwerkbau made a set of higher sights for the FWB-65 series for the the recoil mode that were much higher. These are IDENTICAL to the ones that the C10/20/25/P30/P35 used....just higher to compensate for the difference between recoill and recoiless mode for firearm training. There shoud be an unlimited supply of these as nobody in UIT ever bothered with using them. If you still can't find any, try the Chinese sources for the SS2 copy of the FWB-65.