Twinmaster Trainer Target Pistol (aka Pardini air) - good???

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Bill K.

Twinmaster Trainer Target Pistol (aka Pardini air) - good???

Post by Bill K. »

This is an 8 shot CO2 air pistol which (from the pictures) looks just like a Pardini .22lr.

Has anybody shot one?
Are they good?
Does it really feel like a Pardini?
How good is it for training; NRA? Standard Pistol? Rapid Fire Pistol?

any feedback is appreciated.
Claus

Re: Twinmaster Trainer Target Pistol (aka Pardini air) - goo

Post by Claus »

Bill K. wrote:This is an 8 shot CO2 air pistol which (from the pictures) looks just like a Pardini .22lr.

Has anybody shot one?
Are they good?
Does it really feel like a Pardini?
How good is it for training; NRA? Standard Pistol? Rapid Fire Pistol?
If the pistol we're talking about is the Röhm Twinmaster, it is nothing like a pardini.
The Twinmaster comes in several different models, some PCP some CO2, some with wooden match grip, some (like the Trainer, I think) with a standard grip.
I shoot the Röhm Twinmaster Top, an 8 shot PCP revolver, and it is a very nice pistol indeed, but definitely not in the same class as a Pardini .22 (which I also shoot). While the Pardini is adjustable in many ways, the possibility of adjusting the trigger of the Twinmaster just doesn't exist.
Have I shot one? Yes.
Are they good? At just under half the price of a Pardini .22, yes, it's good.
Does it feel like a Pardini? Trigger no, overall balance of pistol yes, and if you buy one of the match grip models: grip yes.
How good is it for training Standard Pistol? Good (if you like the trigger "as is"). That's why I bought it. And I shoot it a lot, almost as much as my Pardini.
But I got the Twinmaster Top model, there's a model with a slightly longer barrel - get that one, it's better for air pistol competition and the price is about the same.

Fast Fumble, Denmark
(www.uckfup.dk)
mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

Hi

I handled one of these, one of the other instructor's picked one up new at a gun show for roughly $400.00. Would these be reasonable for a new pistol team?

The only air pistols I've shot are Pilk's Feinwerkebau's (I think) at the Bianchi cup, and the IZH-46M. I loved Pilk's guns, but at more than $1,000 it will be tough to buy the 4-6 we would need for a team. I love shooting the IZH-46's, but I really hate that you need to change positions to cock them. If you leave the IZH in your right hand, the easiest way to cock it is to point it at the crowd. Many crowds disapproved of this.....

If I could hit all 9's with a $400.00 gun (twinmaster), I could get say 5 of them and maybe even do some rapid fire training.

Mike
GaryN

Try the TAU

Post by GaryN »

The TAU is a good alternative. CO2 so you don't have to work a charging handle like the IZH46.

http://www.pilkguns.com/t7jr.htm

Pilkingtons has a full size TAU7 on their used page, and a Pardini K60, both are less than $400 each.

http://www.pilkguns.com/usedguns.htm

I've bought both my 10m APs from Pilkington used, and I'm happy with both...no regrets.

gud luk
Gary
mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

Hi

Are the Tau 7's 5 shot or single shot?

Mike
Claus

Twinmaster for club use?

Post by Claus »

mikeschroeder wrote:If I could hit all 9's with a $400.00 gun (twinmaster), I could get say 5 of them and maybe even do some rapid fire training.
The twinmaster is a very precise gun, in that respect it's amazing value for money. A very good "club gun" I think.

For rapid fire... I dunno... it's a revolver, so rapid fire would be double action, is that acceptable? You can cock it singlehanded, but it's not a semi-automatic.

Fast Fumble
mikeschroeder

Post by mikeschroeder »

Hi

I'll borrow the one I have access to and get back. It may be a while. They guy who has one only helps teach during the summer.

Mike
friendd

Post by friendd »

I had a twinmaster sport for 2 years and it was a good pistol, I was scoring 550 with it and could not fault until I move onto a MORINI
and the scores did not go up straight away but I was so much more consistent with it and I have over past few months had a go with the old twinmaster and found what a difference it was , I so pose you get what you pay for I would always say get the best you can afforded and if the twinmaster is the best then what a good start.