Pellets other than lead?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
rick983

Pellets other than lead?

Post by rick983 »

With all the ongoing concern about lead as a health hazard, has anyone ever experimented using other metals. There are many public ranges that now prohibit bare lead projectiles being used at their facilities. It seems to me that eventually the environuts will include pellets as toxic materials and either outlaw them or add on a huge toxic waste surcharge tax, so you wont be able to afford them. Just wandering.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Not this again???? Haven't we been here before 8).
rick983

Post by rick983 »

Richard H wrote:Not this again???? Haven't we been here before 8).
Richard, sorry if my question offended you. I just joined last month and was not aware this subject had been talked to death.
pilkguns in Georgia

Post by pilkguns in Georgia »

yes, it has been well covered in the past , I myself have done a lost of research on this topic at the IWA fair and the SHOT show and the short answer is, No, there is nothing with the accuracy, machinability and economy of lead, and all three of those are extremely important for match projectiles

Re: Pellets other than lead?

Post by Guest »

Actually the Enviros are banning lead from the entire earth and have figure out in theory how to use trees bent like giant bows to launch it all into outer space thus ridding the earth of the toxic. Problem is the space aliens found out about the plan and sent a representative to earth to speak at the last Enviros conference. Now it appears that when the next comet nears earth the aliens,hiding in the comets tail are going to wisk away the elite enviros and start a new super race far away from the hazards of lead, aluminum, and all other metals. They may have a few more openings if you are interested ;~) This was all confirmed by Dan on an upcoming 59 minutes show where Dan shows yet another "confirmed" document to prove it is all true beyond the need of further investigation!
rick983 wrote:With all the ongoing concern about lead as a health hazard, has anyone ever experimented using other metals. There are many public ranges that now prohibit bare lead projectiles being used at their facilities. It seems to me that eventually the environuts will include pellets as toxic materials and either outlaw them or add on a huge toxic waste surcharge tax, so you wont be able to afford them. Just wandering.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Rick983, I was not offended at all and my comment was in jest hence the "8)". This topic has been covered and the debate got quite heated at times. If you practice proper hygene lead is no more harmful than mothers milk, but then agian some experts want us to worry about mothers milk as well. I think the global warming is going to kill us first or maybe the escalators "Stairway To Hell".
Spencer C

searching the archives

Post by Spencer C »

Which raises the question - although those of us who have been using this board for a while are aware of the previous threads, how does one find a particular thread in the archives?

I had a quick look before putting up the question and the 40 pages of archived threads are there, but it seems that you would have to go through page-by-page until you found a particular thread (and from memory, there were a number of threads on lead projectiles)

Regards to all,

Spencer
Shin
Site Admin

Re: searching the archives

Post by Shin »

Spencer C wrote:
Which raises the question - although those of us who have been using this board for a while are aware of the previous threads, how does one find a particular thread in the archives?

I had a quick look before putting up the question and the 40 pages of archived threads are there, but it seems that you would have to go through page-by-page until you found a particular thread (and from memory, there were a number of threads on lead projectiles)

Regards to all,

Spencer
Use "Search". Look for this Image icon on the top of every page. I just entered "lead AND blood" and got 6 topics including this one. If you enter "lead AND health" you will get 7 topics.
Spencer C

Re: searching the archives

Post by Spencer C »

Use "Search". Look for this Image icon on the top of every page. I just entered "lead AND blood" and got 6 topics including this one. If you enter "lead AND health" you will get 7 topics.
Aha!

Ta

Spencer