Walther SSP

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
RML

Walther SSP

Post by RML »

"Toploader", recoil dampening system, conversion kit to .32(??), ....
Looks like the "brother" of FAS 607...

race1911

Walther SSP

Post by race1911 »

Is this a proposed handgun to be used in Rapid Fire????.....available when????............what makes it better than say Walther GSP or Pardini SP????
RML

Walther SSP

Post by RML »

Best guess is that it will not be released until after the next IWA first half of 2005. We just have to wait and see.

RML
David Levene

Re: Walther SSP

Post by David Levene »

race1911 wrote:Is this a proposed handgun to be used in Rapid Fire????.....available when????............what makes it better than say Walther GSP or Pardini SP????
Or the FAS 607
Walter Young

Post by Walter Young »

Looks pink.
Do you think Bridget Fonda will use it in a movie to go on a spree like she did with the Hammerli in that Nikita remake?
Sorry. In all seriousness I wonder why more guns aren't top loaders. Balance, barrel length, grip fit, all being important.
I'll put my order in if it's as reliable as the gsp.
Patrick

Artist's Rendition?

Post by Patrick »

Do anybody have an actual photo of the gun, or is this just a drawing, such as what was available for the Tesro and MG3?

Me, I'm a wait and see kinda guy. And my GSP still kicks butt, even when I can't.

Patrick
trinity

SSP

Post by trinity »

One thing is for sure, the grip angle has changed dramatically from the GSP. Looks much more relaxed now.

Also, if you look at the location of the grip, it is quite forward, this plus the location of the magazine should mean the pistol should have a much more natural balance point, rather than being very nose heavy like the GSP.

Looks good, especially if it comes with purple parts :-)
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

HELP! Where can I see a picture or drawing of this SSP? I can't see the one in the original post (shows up as the usual red x indicating no image available...)

Thanks to any and all who can help in providing this info!

Mark.
Mark Briggs

Post by Mark Briggs »

Please ignore my previous post. After I posted that note and was returned to the page, voila! there was the picture. Gotta love this technology...
Luke

Walther SSP or FAS 607 in wolf's clothing

Post by Luke »

Could it be that since FAS has all but since disappeared - Walther has essential 'used' their design???

I have talked with those who shoot the 602s & 607s and they absolutely love them. Their only issues are (a) lack of USA service, and (b) no convenient way to put a scope/dot on them.

Walther saw how good the 602/607 design is and took re-vamped it. Remember how they essentially copied the IZH .22lr a few years back.
Charles

Re: Walther SSP or FAS 607 in wolf's clothing

Post by Charles »

Luke wrote:Remember how they essentially copied the IZH .22lr a few years back.
Err... It was my understanding that the Walther KSP-200 was the Russian make IZH except cleaned up, better bluing, way better grip, and a few mods added.

Charles
David Levene

Re: Walther SSP or FAS 607 in wolf's clothing

Post by David Levene »

Luke wrote:Could it be that since FAS has all but since disappeared - Walther has essential 'used' their design???
It looks to me like the only similarity with the FAS range, from the pictures anyway, is the general outline of the magazine.

So far we have seen one set of drawings and heard of one photograph of the new SSP. My guess is that production is some way off, otherwise they would have had a pistol on display in Athens.

Maybe we should wait for the gun before talking about what it will do.