FEINWERKBAU MODEL C10

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

longfellow

FEINWERKBAU MODEL C10

Post by longfellow »

I have never fired any discipline other than Bullseye. My club is starting a winter, indoor air pistol event. The above pistol is for sale locally. I know nothing about how this model works but my only concern right now is getting it charged with air. The seller states that it uses "compressed air and CO2." I'm already confused. Does this mean that pistols might only work on one specific composition of gasses but this one can use two - air (N2 and O2) as well as CO2 or does it mean that it can take those little CO2 cartridges that cheaper pistols use? What is the list of auxiliary equipment needed to shoot this model? Thanks.
fc60

Re: FEINWERKBAU MODEL C10

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

The Feinwerkbau website lists the pistol as a CO2 gun.

Here is a link to the Owners Manual.

https://www.feinwerkbau.de/en/service/d ... %20C10.pdf

I have a Walther CO2 pistol and you refill the pistol cylinders with a tank of CO2 (Fire Extinguisher fitted with a "dip tube") via the filling adapter that comes with the pistol.

I did not see any conversion kits to change it from CO2 to SCUBA (Compressed Air).

Cheers,

Dave
David M

Post by David M »

longfellow wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 3:37 pm The seller states that it uses "compressed air and CO2." I'm already confused.
CO2 pistols and PCP Air pistols are very different and work on a very different principles.
The C10 is a CO2 pistol that is charged from a liquid delivery CO2 tank. It works on the
Reid Vapour pressure of of liquid CO2 converting to gas to maintain a constant pressure.
PCP (pre compressed air pressure ) Air pistols work on high pressure air which is reduced
to a lower working pressure by a pressure reducing valve to fire a shot.
Some pistols in the past did have a conversion kit to rebuild a pistol from CO2 to Air.
This required a new pressure regulator valve, seals and a new high pressure tank.
You Cannot use High pressure Air in a CO2 pistol without the propper conversion kit.
Rover

Post by Rover »

The only down side to a CO2 pistol is that it's affected by extreme temperature changes. If you use it around room temperature it's great. It easily gives you MORE than twice as many shots per fill.

Buy or rent a used CO2 tank from a welding supply. When it's empty, take it back and trade it for a full one cheap (under $20).
longfellow

Post by longfellow »

This was all very helpful. Thank you guys.