Ontario, Canada Training

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
abeisr

Ontario, Canada Training

Post by abeisr »

I’m looking for a recommendation in terms of a coach and/or gun club I can join to train Olympic pistol as close to Toronto, Canada as possible.

I have some firearms experience, but no experience with olympic shooting. I’d like to train seriously for the next few years and see if I can qualify for the olympics. I know it’s a long shot, but worth a shot.

Money is no abject, would like to train with the best of the best etc. Any suggestions appreciated!!
PirateJohn

Re: Ontario, Canada Training

Post by PirateJohn »

You can talk to Toronto International Trap and Skeet Club in Innisfil. Despite the name, their grounds are also the site of a world class rifle and pistol range. You can look them up and see if they can put you in touch with a coach. I know a few of Canada's top shooters train in the Toronto area.
mhkhung

Post by mhkhung »

You can contact me.. there are a few clubs in Toronto where you can shoot AP.. but be warned you simply will not be able to find a coach in Canada (unless you are already at national level). (my id at gmail).

Toronto International Trap and Skeet Club above is where the nationals is usually held, the AP/AR/pistol/rifle range is operated separately from the trap/skeet club.
PirateJohn

Post by PirateJohn »

mhkhung wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 9:52 pm Toronto International Trap and Skeet Club above is where the nationals is usually held
Do you know if nationals will be held there next year? I'd like to compete but not sure I can if it's in Alberta again.
mhkhung

Post by mhkhung »

I don't know. I didn't attend last few years. AFAIK Ontario is usually the best option with all electronic equipments already setup.
PirateJohn

Post by PirateJohn »

mhkhung wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 1:23 pm I don't know. I didn't attend last few years. AFAIK Ontario is usually the best option with all electronic equipments already setup.
Yeah, I couldn't go this year but apparently they had to use paper targets because there was an issue with the electronic scoring. I wanted to go last year but it was in Alberta, which was just too far to travel.