Steyr EVO 10 barrel weights question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Tigris

Steyr EVO 10 barrel weights question

Post by Tigris »

I'm new to the board so hello everyone in the first place.

Last year I bought myself a Steyr EVO 10 (my first PCP, I also own a HW45 and a HW97 and I'm a purely recreational shooter) but I didn't have much time to play with it.
Recently I have finally found the time to do some pellets tests etc but I also realized the pistol came with barrel weights. My understanding is that I should slide them to a side, turn the Allen screw until it spreads the 'weight's arms' and tightens the weights inside the rail to keep them in place and avoid sliding off. However, how do you squeeze the 'arms' back to a position in which you can move the weight again? I did some test with pliers with the weights off the pistol and it did not require much force to squeeze the arms back BUT it might be a tricky thing to do with the weights on the rail.
Am I missing something?

Thanks!
rmca

Re: Steyr EVO 10 barrel weights question

Post by rmca »

You are just overthinking it.
Put them on and screw in. Snug, not tight.
To remove them, unscrew and if needed twist them off.

Hope this helps
Arcturus

Post by Arcturus »

I've never ever had any problem with weights on my Evo 10 or LP50. Just don't overtight the screw and everything will be ok.
Tigris

Post by Tigris »

thanks guys - I did as you advised and it works ;)