Ways of the Rifle, out of circulation, "Rifle Training"

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

ZD

Ways of the Rifle, out of circulation, "Rifle Training"

Post by ZD »

Anyone know what happened to ways of the rifle? For years I have been recommending the book for my shooters but now it appears to be out of circulation. Is the "Rifle Training" book the replacement? I do not have a copy of this one so before I recommend it for our smallbore shooters I want to make sure that it has smallbore rifle in it; the description seems to make that unclear. I have the air rifle specific book as well so it would seem weird to me that both books would be air rifle only so I want to check. If anyone has this book and can comment that would be great.

https://shop.mec-shot.com/literatur/eng ... ining.html

-Zach
rgibson

Re: Ways of the Rifle, out of circulation, "Rifle Training"

Post by rgibson »

Zach,
I have been recommending Ways of the Rifle 2009 to other Smallbore shooters including my Junior team members. One of our adult Prone shooters recently bought a used one in excellent condition online and it was north of a hundred dollars but I forget how much. I just looked and saw one on Amazon for $189.
I have one and study it all the time. It is worth it and I need all the help I can get.
Bob
bennybooboo

Post by bennybooboo »

The updated book for Ways is titled Olympic Rifle Shooting and is currently only available in German language. Although I haven't seen this book, it will likely have updated photography, better graphics, and QR links to topic-specific YouTube videos.

Both Air Rifle: Training and Competition and Rifle Training offer a lot of great (although somewhat overlapping) information, however neither cover all three positions... only air rifle related material that can be transitioned to smallbore standing.

Ben Haines
Chehalis, Washington
Th.

Post by Th. »

I own the “rifle training “ book. It is a good book with a lot of QR codes for YouTube clips from Heinz Reinkemeier. Also the training methods are up to date.

https://youtu.be/aqQH3g2j9XI?feature=shared