A months progress…

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Isi

A months progress…

Post by Isi »

Hi guys…im practising for a month…. Since i know there lots of experts here…do you think you can “read” my score from today’s practise and maybe give me an advise or 2…. Im still practising with a steyr with no base on the handle since its a medium grip so i had to take it off to avoid palm injury..thanks in advance guys! I appreciate it…
Attachments
2CB61207-8D99-49CF-B666-DC74DA086071.jpeg
Gwhite

Re: A months progress…

Post by Gwhite »

Assuming you are right handed, shots at lower left are usually the result of forcing the shots off. Just keep increasing pressure on the trigger. It WILL go off. As soon as you think about taking the shot NOW, you are doomed.

The remaining shots in the white are all over the place. There's an overall lack of consistency that you need to work on. EVERY shot needs to be as identical to the others as much as possible. It could be from variations in your stance or your grip. DON'T move your feet between shots, and don't change your grip unless you absolutely have to. If you have to change your grasp on the pistol, make sure it is repeatable. Having a grip that fits properly will help.
Isi

Post by Isi »

Gwhite wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:05 pm Assuming you are right handed, shots at lower left are usually the result of forcing the shots off. Just keep increasing pressure on the trigger. It WILL go off. As soon as you think about taking the shot NOW, you are doomed.

The remaining shots in the white are all over the place. There's an overall lack of consistency that you need to work on. EVERY shot needs to be as identical to the others as much as possible. It could be from variations in your stance or your grip. DON'T move your feet between shots, and don't change your grip unless you absolutely have to. If you have to change your grasp on the pistol, make sure it is repeatable. Having a grip that fits properly will help.
Gwhite i appreciate your comments…yes my lack on grip is a fact since im shooting with a s size weapon while im waiting my L size to come…im still searching and experimenting the fundamentals… when my pistol arrive i will be more consistent and will read my results better…i also did moved my feet every 10-15 shots… is it possible to have them locked in one position for 91 shots? I just wonder….im in a good and fit condition and finding this stressful….
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

Some shooters will trace their foot outline with chalk. You can also use removable masking tape.

As you gain experience, foot placement will become second nature.

PS. Get the shot off quickly. Do not hold too long in the effort to make it perfect.

Cheers,

Dave
PirateJohn

Post by PirateJohn »

fc60 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:48 pm PS. Get the shot off quickly. Do not hold too long in the effort to make it perfect.
And if you find you can't get a shot off quickly because you haven't lined it up right, just put the gun down and take some breaths. There are no bonus points for time.