Hammerli AP20 Pro Info

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Steevyg

Hammerli AP20 Pro Info

Post by Steevyg »

Anyone with knowledge of a Hammerli AP 20 Pro care to tell me what it might be capable of out of 600 - I’m trying to determine how good it can shoot. Also, is the rear sight adjustable for depth? And lastly, does it have a dry fire mode?
Thanks for any replies.
spektr

Re: Hammerli AP20 Pro Info

Post by spektr »

The pistol has the machine capability of cleaning the target all day long in integer scoring.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

It has a dry fire mode, similar to how a Steyr works. You cock it normally and lower the lever at about 45 degrees. I don't think there is any difference between the regular and Pro AP20 sights. The rear sight is adjustable for width, but not depth. The Pro is just an AP20 with a better grip and a cylinder with a gauge.
Steevyg

Post by Steevyg »

spektr wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:53 am The pistol has the machine capability of cleaning the target all day long in integer scoring.
Thanks Spektr, although in my ignorance, I don’t fully understand what you mean.
Steevyg

Post by Steevyg »

Gwhite wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:15 am It has a dry fire mode, similar to how a Steyr works. You cock it normally and lower the lever at about 45 degrees. I don't think there is any difference between the regular and Pro AP20 sights. The rear sight is adjustable for width, but not depth. The Pro is just an AP20 with a better grip and a cylinder with a gauge.
Thanks GW, I appreciate that information.
robjob

Post by robjob »

The ap20 is capable of shooting 600 in a 600 point match under integer scoring rules. They're my primary kids gun on the jr team.
spektr

Post by spektr »

spektr wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:53 am The pistol has the machine capability of cleaning the target all day long in integer scoring.
Thanks Spektr, although in my ignorance, I don’t fully understand what you mean.
[/quote]

Im sorry, what I was referring to is the accuracy of the action when clamped in a test fixture.
When you test this pistol in this manner. It will max the target using integer scoring. If you want to measure finer than that
and score the test targets 10.1 through 10.9, Im not sure where it lands relative to others, but its a very good piece of kit....
Steevyg

Post by Steevyg »

I get it now, thanks Spektr.
Steevyg

Post by Steevyg »

robjob wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:40 am The ap20 is capable of shooting 600 in a 600 point match under integer scoring rules. They're my primary kids gun on the jr team.
Thanks RJ.