ISSF PRESIDENTS CUP RIFLE/PISTOL 2021

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
emre-nur

ISSF PRESIDENTS CUP RIFLE/PISTOL 2021

Post by emre-nur »

Hi everyone,

Any comments about the new competition format, based on points like team matches?
B Lafferty

Re: ISSF PRESIDENTS CUP RIFLE/PISTOL 2021

Post by B Lafferty »

emre-nur wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:33 am Hi everyone,

Any comments about the new competition format, based on points like team matches?
It seemed a bit confusing with four teams at the line with an elimination at one point. I do like the team events with the matches for Gold, Silver and Bronze. There were some fun matches at the World Junior Championships in Lima, Peru. They're also available to watch on the ISSF channel on YouTube.
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh
emre-nur

Post by emre-nur »

The winner in women's final was kind of determined in the 9th shot out of 15. Though the french athlete got close near the end —no avail.
Last edited by emre-nur on Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
B Lafferty

Post by B Lafferty »

emre-nur wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:25 am The winner in women's final was kind of determined in the 9th shot out of 15. Though the french athlete got close near the end —but no avail.
I like the team format for team matches. I don't like it for individual finals. The present system with two shot eliminations after ten shot is much better, IMO.
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh
emre-nur

Post by emre-nur »

B Lafferty wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:52 am
emre-nur wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:25 am The winner in women's final was kind of determined in the 9th shot out of 15. Though the french athlete got close near the end —but no avail.
I like the team format for team matches. I don't like it for individual finals. The present system with two shot eliminations after ten shot is much better, IMO.
I agree. And the men's final finished at the 12th shot out of 15.