Olympic Pistol Shooting Technique?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
YekinKebo

Olympic Pistol Shooting Technique?

Post by YekinKebo »

I'm talking about the technique where they stand bladed to the target, hold the gun with one hand, then lean back and lift their chin to display an air of superiority. I've never seen anybody shoot with or teach this method, even at a range or a stage with minimal movement. For that reason I was wondering if the technique is required by Olympic rules, or does it have its advantages that cause people to adopt it voluntarily?showbox speed test
Last edited by YekinKebo on Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
David M

Re: Olympic Pistol Shooting Technique?

Post by David M »

ISSF/Olympic rules
All events are shot single handed.
rules.jpg
william

Post by william »

YekinKebo wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:32 am I was wondering if the technique is required by Olympic rules, or does it have its advantages that cause people to adopt it voluntarily?
Yes, but the rule is not published anywhere. One has to swear multiple oaths before an enlightened one (Illuminatus) can recite it to you. It's very existence is a secret that I incur great risk revealing. But I will hold the line and not even hint at what it actually says. Perhaps you'll catch Rover at a weak moment....
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

The air of superiority is an absolute requirement to make it into the Olympic final.

The slight chin lift it probably to get their shooting glasses to line up perfect.

The one hand hold is required.

Not all shooters stand at a full 90 degrees, nor are they required to.
B Lafferty

Post by B Lafferty »

YekinKebo wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:32 am I'm talking about the technique where they stand bladed to the target, hold the gun with one hand, then lean back and lift their chin to display an air of superiority. I've never seen anybody shoot with or teach this method, even at a range or a stage with minimal movement. For that reason I was wondering if the technique is required by Olympic rules, or does it have its advantages that cause people to adopt it voluntarily?
The "method" is quite standard with the exception of placement of the feet which can vary. Some will stand with feet closed to the target, others with a more open stance all depending on what works best for the individual competitor. It is all designed to achieve minimal movement. If you prefer more movement, that works, too, especially for one's competitors.

The comment about an air of superiority strikes me as subjective at best on your part, if not an outright attempt at trolling. Then again, perhaps Olympic level competitors' level of concentration shows and is just superior to many of us non-Olympian mortals. :-)
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh