About RIKA

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Hektor

About RIKA

Post by Hektor »

I'd like to know if RIKA home training system can be easily set up to work with the basic version of Feinwerkbau P70 air rifle. The rifle has a simple trigger mechanism that can't be set to dryfire. Besides, is there a difference in how the system is used with a pistol and with a rifle?
hsdino2-at-aol.com.47635.0
Mako

Re: About RIKA

Post by Mako »

Hey Hector ... nice shooting tonight ... I was so bad ... I better hold on to my Rika ... so see what I was doing wrong! :-)
There should be no difference between using it with a pistol or rifle ... check out the Link ... and notice the linked articles on how to use the trainer at the bottom of that page

makofoto-at-earthlink.net.47636.47635
bruce mcintosh

p70 dryfire

Post by bruce mcintosh »

it is possible to dryfire with a p70 by unscrewing
the air cylinder,then use as normal.

bruce.mcintosh-at-bt.com.47637.47635
pdeal

Re: p70 dryfire

Post by pdeal »

Yes you can dryfire it that way. You can also dryfire a p70 by leaving the loading gate open. Of course you can't see through the factory loading gate so in the off the shelf configuration this does you little good. In my daughter's rifle I removed the loading gate and cut a hole in it. This allows her to dryfire with the cylinder screwed in. Also, there are short loading gates available for scope mounting and these accomplish the same.
pdeal-at-mylanlabs.com.47643.47637
Steve Rorai

Re: p70 dryfire

Post by Steve Rorai »

Dry fire is possible with a P-70 by opening the loading gate then holding it down (but not locked closed)with a rubber band. The rubber band must be large enough to stretch over the barrel and stock and hold the loading gate down so the gate is clear of the sights, but not so tight so that it causes the gate to close completely into the firing position. You can also store the rifle in this manner instead of in the open position which could lead to a bent loading gate. Storing it in the locked/firing position will cause the breech plug seal to indent to the shape of the chamber potentially weakening the seal and reducing the time intervals between regular seal replacement. Screw the air cylinder in just far enough to hold it in place but not enough to seat the valve. Pushing the cocking mechinism forward will reset the trigger. This will allow dry firing of the P-70 with the air cylinder in the rifle to mimic competitive weight without expelling gas.
Warren

Re: About RIKA

Post by Warren »

We (Pilkguns) sell a little cap that sits on the absorber of the P70 that produces a dry fire mode. It will not work on a P70Jr because that model does not have the absorber.