Standing - Rifle - Cal 22 - shot to the right of target

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Morten Didriksen

Standing - Rifle - Cal 22 - shot to the right of target

Post by Morten Didriksen »

Happy New Year
I’ am interested in some help concerning cal. 22 standing:
When I have fired the rifle and check the position of the bullet holes on the target, some of them are located on the right side to the Centrum on the target.
I have checked my standing position – zero point – and right hand position on the stock.
What is the reason?

morten_didriksen-at-hotmail.com.47531.0
Bob Riegl

Re: Standing - Rifle - Cal 22 - shot to the right of target

Post by Bob Riegl »

Given factors: your gun is properly sighted in and you are not using too much trigger finger and/or grabbing your shots----- if you are consistently to the right of the bull---(for a right handed shooter)keep your left foot as a pivot point and rotate your body to the left Using your right foot) a small amount----now shoot a few more---if you are still slightly to the right ---shift once again until you have reached a "natural point of aim"---good luck.
Val

Post by Val »

Err... I thought the whole point of the NPA was that it is determined exclusively by the inner position, and not by where the groups are on the target. I.E. You find NPA, shoot a bunch groups, find centroid of each (excluding known flyers), average them, and adjust your sights accordingly.
X

Post by X »

You should adjust your NPA until it is centered on the target. If you are calling your shots as centers, and they are appearing right you might want to check to make sure you are sighted in.