Morini sight adjustment problem, goes no lower

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

kim

Morini sight adjustment problem, goes no lower

Post by kim »

I have a Morini 162ea and I am having a problem with the rear sight elevation screw. My groups a approx .25 in high, and the elevation screw will not turn any further clockwise. I am trying to turn in clockwise (looking at the sight with the barrel pointed away from me). I can turn it anti-clockwise, but not beyond a certain point, not clockwise. I have not tried to disassemble anything, or done anything else foolish. There appears to be plenty of clearance around the sight body, so I am thinking that the screw is bottoming out, or something like that.
Anybody have any ideas? Is the rear sight easy to disassemble, can I get myself into trouble here? Lose parts? Not able to reassemble?
Thanks
fred

Re: Morini sight adjustment problem, goes no lower

Post by fred »

The quickest and easiest solution is to put a thin shim under the front sight.

: I have a Morini 162ea and I am having a problem with the rear sight elevation screw. My groups a approx .25 in high, and the elevation screw will not turn any further clockwise. I am trying to turn in clockwise (looking at the sight with the barrel pointed away from me). I can turn it anti-clockwise, but not beyond a certain point, not clockwise. I have not tried to disassemble anything, or done anything else foolish. There appears to be plenty of clearance around the sight body, so I am thinking that the screw is bottoming out, or something like that.
: Anybody have any ideas? Is the rear sight easy to disassemble, can I get myself into trouble here? Lose parts? Not able to reassemble?
: Thanks

frbauer-at-msn.com.47429.47428
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

: I have a Morini 162ea and I am having a problem with the rear sight elevation screw. My groups a approx .25 in high, and the elevation screw will not turn any further clockwise. I am trying to turn in clockwise (looking at the sight with the barrel pointed away from me). I can turn it anti-clockwise, but not beyond a certain point, not clockwise. I have not tried to disassemble anything, or done anything else foolish. There appears to be plenty of clearance around the sight body, so I am thinking that the screw is bottoming out, or something like that.
: Anybody have any ideas? Is the rear sight easy to disassemble, can I get myself into trouble here? Lose parts? Not able to reassemble?

I believe that Morini sell an extra-high foresight to get over this problem.

dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.47435.47428
tck

Post by tck »

FRED PROVIDES A VERY USEFUL SOLUTION.
MY RECOMMENDATIONS IS TO USE SOME PLASTIC CARD, (OLD AND EXPIRED CREDIT CARD IS VERY HANDFUL SOURCE, OR SOME OLD PLAY CARDS) CUT OUT AND INSERT IT BELOW THE FRONT SIGHT. THIS EXTRA 1mm THICKNESS WILL CORRECT EVERYTHING.
Spencer C

Question - where are you aiming on the target?

Post by Spencer C »

Seriously - are you going for a centre hold, or the sub-black hold the pistol is designed for?

David M

Two foresight heights

Post by David M »

Threr are two different foresight heights on Morini air pistols.
The older forends use a lower sight than the later compensator forends.
You may have a older sight on a newer compensator.
Kim

Thanks for the suggestions!!!! .

Post by Kim »

-I will try to shim the front sight as suggested.
-The pistol is original as far as I know, so the front sight should be the correct one, but you never know.
- I hold at the bottom of the bull, six oclock position.
Thanks again.
Jakkrit

Post by Jakkrit »

jakkrit_p-at-hotmail.com.47581.47428