Morini Velocity problem follow up

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

AD

Morini Velocity problem follow up

Post by AD »

The cocking pin in my Morini 162Ei keeps coming loose(part no:162056 or part no 162036, I am not sure which one it is in the parts list. As I had mentioned earlier my vlocity screw had come loose, to get the velsotiy adjusted I put it in a vice to adjust the velocity and after about 30 shots the 3/4th of the pin came out and I was unable to cock the gun. I had the pin carefully tapped back into place and agian after 40 shots of practise the pin came loose, not as much as earlier as the grip kept it in place, how can I keep the pin in place, without it coming loose? Could this be connected in any way to the velocity screw problem I had earlier?
Thanks,
AD
David Levene

Re: Morini Velocity problem follow up

Post by David Levene »

As you do not have a local gunsmith and are obviously having problems, can I suggest that you contact Francesco direct.
As he has already posted many times on this board, his email address is morini@bluewin.ch
He has always proved to be extremely helpful and I am sure will be able to advise you correctly.
dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.47413.47412
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

: Thanks David, Morini are on Holiday upto next week and have mailed them but have not recieved a reply.
: Here is a picof the grouping I got with Finale Match(golden box) 4.49, it was the closet grouping I could obtain from the pistol.
I would expect Morini, together with the rest of Europe, to be back in action tomorrow.
Can I suggest that you buy a good supply of those pellets while they are available where you are. I know you sometimes have problems sourcing good pellets but if you buy in reasonable quantities you will be able to do less testing and more shooting :^)

dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.47415.47414
AD

Post by AD »

I have only one tin of those pellets :-(. Not easily avaliable in India. I tried to get it to group with the High Speed ones but it just did'nt group as well as with the air-rifle pellets.
Akshay
akshaydashrath-at-yahoo.co.in.47416.47415
tck

Post by tck »

As I own and shoot a 162Ei myself for over 5 years now, I have some experience with the AP.
I do not know where you get your AP from but most Morini that I know come out of the factory with a velocity of app. 150m/sec (500 f/sec). My experience also teachs me that it will be best not to modfify it, unless after certain period of time and usage that the o-rings start leaking and the velocity drops. Anyway you will know it is the time to have the AP overhaul when you cannot have more than 100 shots after every refill of the cylinder.
For your pellet sourcing, it will be very simple if you contact Gehmann, the dealer for Morini in Europe, they supply all kinds of H & N pellets, including AP pellets with the Moorini label made by H & N. However, I have little knowledge about importing regulations in your country but I have been buying constantly from them for a number of years.
It is very strange that the locking pin 162036 getting loose. This pin connects the cocking lever with the hammer (#162027) and if it is not in good alignment with the hammer, it cannot cock the whole mechanism.
Lastly, about your velocity problem, turning the adjusting pin/screw (162077) will change the tension of the hammer spring 162030, and as a result the flow of compress air to propel the pellet. To a certain point, over turning it will result that the sear will not engage the hammer.

AD

Post by AD »

Many thanks tck,
But pellet import is not allowed in India without a proper licensce which is very difficult to obtain. Any suggestions on how I can keep the pin in place?
Akshay
tck

Post by tck »

It is a pity that even pellets of lead need a license. In our country we can import pellets for self use as it contains no gun powder.
I have bought from Gehmann some parts and I will check if I have got some extra locking pins. In such case I will e- mail you for your address and post you the part.
My understanding about Morini is they are excellent in finishing and precision of their parts, just like Swiss watches. The pin should be quite tight fit into the frame and at this moment, I am suspecting that you do not have the original pin. For a temporary solution, try to put some tape (very thin, 1 layer should do the job) from the right side to the middle part and re-insert it back to see if it will get tight.