Pardini SP Electronic Failure

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
pemisife

Pardini SP Electronic Failure

Post by pemisife »

Hello!
I have a Pardini SP electronic, and every shoot I must turn ON/OFF to fire again.
Anyone had this problem? Or know how to solve?
Thanks!

Pedro
Wile E Coyote

Re: Pardini SP Electronic Failure

Post by Wile E Coyote »

Never had that particular problem.

Change batteries, use only alkaline (Energizer, Duracell, etc.)
Make sure all contacts are clean. (do not use abrasives)
You can try cleaning the microswitch with QD Electronic parts cleaning spray. (Never use any lubricant in a Pardini SPE)

If the above doesn't work, you can try taking it to a house of worship because Pardini won't help.
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

pemisife wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:20 pm
I have a Pardini SP electronic, and every shoot I must turn ON/OFF to fire again.
Anyone had this problem? Or know how to solve?
Owners of Pardini SPE and HPE will sooner or later experience severe electronic problems. Pardini tried for some years to cure the problems by altering the solenoids, sircuit board etc, to no avail.

Pardini ended production of E-models (of their semi-autos that is) many years ago. There is a reason for that.
There is only one permanent cure: Rebuild the E-semi-autos to mechanical trigger version. But that includes a frame exchange!

Pardini offered for some years (maybe not any more?) a switch of frames: New mechanical-trigger-frames were offered to replace E-frames, by the importer to a given country. The same serial number was hammered onto the new frames by importer.The replaced E-frames were then destroyed by importer.
My former HPE underwent a "gender change" and is now a HP, and it is reliable.The E-grip fits the new frame, - did not have to buy a new grip.

One way to extend the life of Pardini E-semi autos: Use dry lubricant only for moving parts. Gun oil may (will) interfere with the electronics.
Wile E Coyote wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:22 pm If the above doesn't work, you can try taking it to a house of worship because Pardini won't help.
To a house of worship...
If Pardini is not willing to offer any help, then your gun eventually will become an expensive paperweight. Not even useful for dry fire excercises. That´s bad.
Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote »

northpaw wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 1:32 am
Pardini offered for some years (maybe not any more?) a switch of frames: New mechanical-trigger-frames were offered to replace E-frames, by the importer to a given country. The same serial number was hammered onto the new frames by importer.The replaced E-frames were then destroyed by importer.
When Pardini USA identified there was a problem with my particular unit, many years ago, shortly after production ceased, I was offered a mechanical frame swap for nearly the cost of a new pistol. I did not find this an acceptable solution for something clearly a manufacturer's problem. I have since stopped supporting their business model.
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

Wile E Coyote wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:56 am I was offered a mechanical frame swap for nearly the cost of a new pistol. I did not find this an acceptable solution for something clearly a manufacturer's problem.
The cost of frame-swap of my HPE to HP did cost less than half the cost of a new gun, gunsmith work included.

Pardini is not the only manufacturer to let customers down: Walther marketed its ill-fated freepistol with electronic trigger back in the early/mid-1980s. That gun turned out to be a lemon. Ore more specific, the electronic trigger/sircuit board was a lemon.

Some gun owners have tried to repair these Walther FPs with home-made electronics. I do not know how successfull that may have been.