Morini 162E, 162EI, 162EA and 162M...What are the difference

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Claudio

Morini 162E, 162EI, 162EA and 162M...What are the difference

Post by Claudio »

Hello,
Its not easy buying a new or used air pistol, when you are on a budget. There are some good deals out there but I need to know which one of those Morini's is best and second best. I know the 162M have a mechanical trigger but how does it compare to the electronic trigger?
Are the electronic triggers reliable? Those models of electronic Morini's, 162E, 162EA and 162EI, what is the difference and which is the better one and newer model?
I have narrowed done my choice to a Morini or a Pardini air pistol.
Now Match Guns is out just to throw a twist into my selection process.
Yes, I need help or guidance.

incrocci-at-shaw.ca.47270.0
Mako

Re: Morini 162E, 162EI, 162EA and 162M...What are the differ

Post by Mako »

The EI version should be the latest ... using standard 1.5 volt batteries ... very reliable ... otherwise the many top shooters would not use it ... it has the best trigger ... which is what it's all about when it comes down to it.
The Short version is the latest ... best for juniors and small/light shooters ... or those with shoulder injuries.
makofoto-at-earthlink.net.47271.47270
David M

Some of the differences .

Post by David M »

The trigger assy (trigger,switch,springs,first/second stage assy) are identical on Morini 162E, 162EI and 162EA.
The early models the circuit board uses a 15v camera battery,where the late model uses AAA batteries.(either board will work in any model,but the grips are different in the cutout).
Other differences are the early model has a fixed tank (which can be upgraded to removable tanks very easily)and there is a change to the solinoid (to a solid shaft instead of a two part shaft).
The Short is not really a reduced pistol, the rear sight is extended aft and has a similar sight radius to the full length pistol. Also if you overlay the short over a LP10 etc. it is the same size and proportion.
The mechanical was introduced because some countries could not get the 15v camera battery.