Rink grip sizes

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Brimfire

Re: Rink grip sizes

Post by Brimfire »

Worked out how to post pics so here's one of my Rink gripped Izzy.
Izzy Rink profile copy.jpg
With my club's ranges being closed, I haven't managed that many shots with it yet but some quick and dirty targets are looking like an instant improvement and it feels much better in every way over the standard grip.

For those that have never handled/seen one and are perhaps contemplating a set, they're a league apart from the stock item. The one piece design means there's no annoying split between the two halves which always managed to become slack and slightly misaligned on mine no matter how much I packed out the tang or tightened the screws and your middle finger no longer rubs on the trigger weight adjustment screw either. The palm shelf setting works by two Allen screws adjusting the height with a separate lockscrew to keep things fixed in place - I can't see it allowing any sliding or wobbling in a hurry.

More subjectively, it fits my hand much, much better than the old lumps of timber although that's hardly a surprise as they were just stippled rather than shaped to suit. I can't emphasis the night and day difference between them enough. The rake angle is different and the pistol points better - the Izzy's inherent nose heaviness seems less prominent and more easily compensated for. I may be lucky in that Rink's off the peg dimensions fit me well but it's comfortable, grippy and just feels "right."

There's no denying the price is steep and the money could be put towards a more capable PCP but they're quality items and, as brent375hh said, I couldn't be happier. It's like shooting a whole different, and better, gun.
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

Nice! Does Rink include the matching piece for the end of the cocking lever?
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

-TT- wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:50 am Nice! Does Rink include the matching piece for the end of the cocking lever?
I didn't get it. There is no obvious mismatch unless you look real close. Not something I miss, original piece works fine and looks similar.
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

Lenny wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:35 pm I didn't get it. There is no obvious mismatch unless you look real close. Not something I miss, original piece works fine and looks similar.
The AV-46M grip is colorfully laminated, and since I am considering a left-hand grip, I'm curious. Never mind, I'll ask Herr Rink.
seamaster

Post by seamaster »

Another Rink modification you can ask is to extend bottom palm shelf back by 1cm to your wrist lines.

He can also extend side palm support back to match the extended palm shelf.

At no additional charge.
Brimfire

Post by Brimfire »

-TT- wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:50 am Nice! Does Rink include the matching piece for the end of the cocking lever?
In my case, Thomas Rink asked if I could send over my cocking lever piece so he could scan it for future reference with the promise of one to match my new grip FOC. Very pleased with that.