Stolen Rifles - Help!

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

JimmyO

Stolen Rifles - Help!

Post by JimmyO »

THEY HAVE BEEN RECOVERED! - See my last post #7

Last night my truck was broken into and both of my daughter's competition rifles were stolen.

Her smallbore rifle is a Walther KK500 Ultralight (Serial# KFA2589) and it is the silver, red, and black configuration. Her air rifle is a Feinwerkbau 800X. Can you all please help me spread the word to everyone you know in the the smallbore and air rifle community if they hear of either for sale to please call the police as soon as possible.

The theft occurred in Cranberry Twp PA and a police report has been filed. My only goal is to get them back or make them completely unsellable!

Thank you,
Jimmy O'Mara
(724) 301-2000
Attachments
IMG_18951.jpg
IMG_48031.jpg
Last edited by JimmyO on Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
rgibson

Re: Stolen Rifles - Help!

Post by rgibson »

Make sure you call the P. D. or State Police, whichever the case may be, and see if the case has been assigned to anyone for follow-up. If you have the serial number for the Air Rifle make sure you get that to them ASAP. Recovery rate is so much better when they are entered into NCIC. If they are seized by an agency and not seen by a competitor the likelihood of them being identified as yours without the SN is slimmer.
If it has been assigned for follow-up you just want to make sure they entered the KK in NCIC.
I really hate that you had to suffer this loss.
Good luck! I’ll keep my eyes peeled.
JimmyO

Post by JimmyO »

The guns were completely hidden from sight. There were 2 other vehicles broken into in the same lot at approximately the same time. All three of our vehicle were broken into through the passenger door and the glove boxes and center consoles were emptied.

The police believe it was totally random, most likely by addicts looking for cash. They almost certainly were shocked when they opened the cases.

I alerted every person I know. All the pawn shops and gun shops that are close.
rgibson

Post by rgibson »

Shocked is right. Crackheads probably thought they were nerf guns. I hope they turn up soon.
JamesHH

Post by JamesHH »

There are some pretty fancy nerf guns out there.

spektr

Post by spektr »

Crew served Nerf Guns

51Y6m37BMUL._AC_.jpg
51Y6m37BMUL._AC_.jpg (29.5 KiB) Viewed 1974 times
JimmyO

Post by JimmyO »

THEY HAVE BEEN FOUND!

Thank you everybody for your help spreading the word. I don't know many details yet or when they will be back in our possession, but I got a call this morning from the Cranberry Township Police Department that both rifles had been recovered. They were found in the trunk of a stolen car by the Pittsburgh Police Department.

We don't know when we can get them back as they have to go through the crime lab for fingerprint processing, but at least we know she will get them back!
Green_Canoe

Post by Green_Canoe »

Good news!! My negativity about the chances of getting them back was misplaced. I bet they never rest in the truck again. ;^)
whitefox545

Post by whitefox545 »

Great to hear that the system work's sometimes!! Hopefully it's not a long wait to get them back!! Hope to run into you soon st F/Simplex. Jeff L. McMurray Pa.