Matchguns.com

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Matvei

Matchguns.com

Post by Matvei »

Go and see www.matchguns.com and see what Cesare Morini provides us. I wonder if MG3 Rapid pistol is for short cartridges, as ISSF new rules in 2005 will require Long Rifle cartridges with very strict velocity requirements. Further, does anybody else shooting Hämmerli's FP10 free pistol get a "deja vu" while looking at MG5. Those omnidirectional rods do not make it much different from FP10.
Matti_Tarvainen-at-hotmail.com.46976.0
David Levene

Re: Matchguns.com

Post by David Levene »

: Go and see www.matchguns.com and see what Cesare Morini provides us. I wonder if MG3 Rapid pistol is for short cartridges, as ISSF new rules in 2005 will require Long Rifle cartridges with very strict velocity requirements.
They will also require a compliance with Standard Pistol specifications. It is obvious from the picture that the MG3 fails on at least grip and barrel ports. The MG2 is their Standard Pistol.
dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.46978.46976
Bob

Re: Matchguns.com

Post by Bob »

: : Go and see www.matchguns.com and see what Cesare Morini provides us. I wonder if MG3 Rapid pistol is for short cartridges, as ISSF new rules in 2005 will require Long Rifle cartridges with very strict velocity requirements.
: They will also require a compliance with Standard Pistol specifications. It is obvious from the picture that the MG3 fails on at least grip and barrel ports. The MG2 is their Standard Pistol.

It takes a long time to develop new guns especially a whole series of them and It looks like the MG3 has been overtaken by events, and unlikely to be manufactured, from the picture on the website it appears to be a .22 short so if the rules come in 2005 they will favour the MG2.