Can I Import a pellet pistol???

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

David in MS

Can I Import a pellet pistol???

Post by David in MS »

I found someone in Australia who would like to sell me his old FWB65 pellet pistol. Can he just mail it to me internationally, or do I need special paperwork... do I have to mail it to an FFL dealer? Anyone??? Thanks :)
dscasler-at-hotmail.com.47065.0
AB

Re: Can I Import a pellet pistol???

Post by AB »

You need a FFL dealer, most will not do the paperwork. Check the arhives for a link to customs site for the paperwork.

Richard

Post by Richard »

An airgun is NOT a firearm under the Gun Control Act. No, you don't need an FFL.
govtmodel-at-budweiser.com.47078.47065
Sandy Santibanez

Post by Sandy Santibanez »

An air pistol is not a firearm. You do not need an FFL or other paperwork. I bought a MoriniEI in Europe and had it mailed to my house in California. I stated it was for my personal use, not for re-sale.
US customs will open the package and charge you a customs fee (very small). The post office will collect the fee when they deliver the package. The process is a little slow but not a problem. If you have any questions contact the US Customs Office directly.

tenx-at-san.rr.com.47093.47065
Gaines Blackwell

Post by Gaines Blackwell »

David, I am not certain about pistols but air rifles can be imported rather easily, surely pistols would be the same but ask the USPS. Tell the seller to state clearly it is a competition air/pellet pistol. It will be X-rayed, incoming item, so the declaration needs to match the X-ray. Out of 12 imports one has been opened by customs, the rest cleared just fine. On 2 I had to pay a custom fee of $18.00, as stated collected on delivery for another $4 fee. Have the seller mail it, it goes to customs then to the USPS to you. I really have had no problems. They tend to get a lot of handling so have them pack well. Use air mail, much much quicker, probably 2 weeks from OZ.
: I found someone in Australia who would like to sell me his old FWB65 pellet pistol. Can he just mail it to me internationally, or do I need special paperwork... do I have to mail it to an FFL dealer? Anyone??? Thanks :)

gtblackwell-at-charter.net.47117.47065