Compressed Air vs CO2 Air Pistols...?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Bob LeDoux

Re: exploded on me once - so explain!

Post by Bob LeDoux »

That supplier is looking at a big liability problem. He placed you at a significant risk of serious injury or worse. You were lucky.
Your tank went hydrostatic. All gaseous liquids must have an expansion area above the liquid. This allows the liquid to expand with changing temperatures. Once the tank fully fills with liquid, explosion becomes likely unless the tank has an overpressure relief valve, or pressure blow disk.
walt young

Post by walt young »

Yes I was lucky. the guage that was usually very low, was up to the red line and I thought I got a good deal because he filled it all the way up.
By the way, this was not for filling a guns tank. it was for beer brewing. I have always had air for filling my a.p.
The guy filling the tank didn't seem to think it was a big deal that it blew. I got the impression that it happend all the time.
: That supplier is looking at a big liability problem. He placed you at a significant risk of serious injury or worse. You were lucky.
: Your tank went hydrostatic. All gaseous liquids must have an expansion area above the liquid. This allows the liquid to expand with changing temperatures. Once the tank fully fills with liquid, explosion becomes likely unless the tank has an overpressure relief valve, or pressure blow disk.

walt

Post by walt »

I did explain. you are wrong.