oxygen

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

rathore raghvender singh

oxygen

Post by rathore raghvender singh »

dear friends I have recently purchased a new lp10 air pistol, there is no compressed air available in our city, CAN OXYGEN BE USED in lp10 air pistol in place of compressed air. thanks
AD

Re: oxygen

Post by AD »

Buy yourself a pump, its the most convenient.
AD
akshaydashrath-at-yahoo.co.in.47089.47088
tommyg

Post by tommyg »

NO, DO NOT, NEVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, under penatly of severe dismemberment or death, use oxygen in your PCP.
High Pressure oxygen will explode, when released uncontrolled such as firing a pcp gun, or even removing the cylinder. Any petroleum products around the gun will instantaneouly ignite. And if the flame is hot enough the metal in the gun will burn (like in oxy- accetelene cutting)
If you do not have a convinent supply of compressed air (such as a dive shop, fire station)you could use High pressure Nitrogen (air is 78% Nitrogen). Otherwise but a High pressure hand pump.
DO NOT USE COMPRESSED OXYGEN!!!!!!
Mark

Post by Mark »

No. Oxygen is much more prone to doing bad things like burning or even exploding. Definitely NOT a good idea.
: dear friends I have recently purchased a new lp10 air pistol, there is no compressed air available in our city, CAN OXYGEN BE USED in lp10 air pistol in place of compressed air. thanks

Glenn Ross

Post by Glenn Ross »

: dear friends I have recently purchased a new lp10 air pistol, there is no compressed air available in our city, CAN OXYGEN BE USED in lp10 air pistol in place of compressed air. thanks

gross-at-triad.rr.com.47099.47088
Bill Clarke

I like my Co2 bulk system

Post by Bill Clarke »

I have found that Co2 is much more available than compressed air. Even in "back water" areas - if you have a soda fountain, you have Co2.
airgun-at-despammed.com.47100.47088
Glenn Ross

Post by Glenn Ross »

Please head the warnings about oxygen. A substatute to compressed air would be dry pumped compressed nitrogen.

gross-at-triad.rr.com.47101.47088
Chris L in NC

Oxygen is dangerous! Buy a hand pump!

Post by Chris L in NC »

At the risk of repeating what everybody else said, only now it comes from an aviation mechanic: do NOT use oxygen in an air pistol! You might get away with it for some time, but it is an extreme fire hazard if it comes into contact with any flammable material, including the grease around the air cylinder fitting on the LP10 frame.
I use an air pump with my LP10. Pilkguns, our sponsor, sells Hill air pumps at fair prices. If you live outside the US, go to www.airriflepump.com and find out who can sell you a Hill pump, including a moisture separator.
You have picked the best air pistol in the world and I'm glad you asked before accidentally setting it and yourself on fire! Good shooting and many inner 10s to you!
chrisatty-at-hotmail.com.47103.47088