Air rifle, compressed

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Beth

Air rifle, compressed

Post by Beth »

Hi,
I'm looking for a compressed air rifle, preferably used, hopefully a good price. I'm hoping to suprise my son with it, he is currently using a nuematic (sp?) but really needs the compressed. Any suggestions as to majority preference of make and model? By the way, I'm not a shooter so this is reasonably greek to me. He has an AnSchutz Target rifle, thought about going that way but did read some of the posts about the Hammerli (whatever that is).
Thanks,
Beth
BGemstar-at-aol.com.47045.0
Bob O.

Re: Air rifle, compressed

Post by Bob O. »

Check with the hosts of this forum, www.pilkguns.com. Scott or Warren can provide a wealth of information.

SMB

Post by SMB »

: Hi,
: I'm looking for a compressed air rifle, preferably used, hopefully a good price. I'm hoping to suprise my son with it, he is currently using a nuematic (sp?) but really needs the compressed. Any suggestions as to majority preference of make and model? By the way, I'm not a shooter so this is reasonably greek to me. He has an AnSchutz Target rifle, thought about going that way but did read some of the posts about the Hammerli (whatever that is).
: Thanks,
: Beth

Beth, if you are looking for a nice used compressed airgun you cant go wrong with the Anschutz 2002. The FWB P70 is also very good, but are sometimes hard to come by used. I would stay away from the Hammerli, they are decent guns, but not the quality of anschutz or FWB.

Brooster600-at-aol.com.47064.47045
E Kuney

Cautionary advice...

Post by E Kuney »

Beth,
Were I you I would step back a bit. Rifles are usually very personal choices. Your son probably has a specific make/model in mind and anything else may be a 'surprise', but not necessarily a welcome one.
Why not surprise him with something like a gift certificate that will allow him to make his own choice?
Our host here, Pilkguns, can certainly help you. (Of course, if your son is undecided, he'd benefit from handling as many different rifles as possible. In that case -- unless Pilkguns' location is reasonably near -- you'd be well off to find a local seller who could show him a selection. What part of the country are you in?)

: Hi,
: I'm looking for a compressed air rifle, preferably used, hopefully a good price. I'm hoping to suprise my son with it, he is currently using a nuematic (sp?) but really needs the compressed. Any suggestions as to majority preference of make and model? By the way, I'm not a shooter so this is reasonably greek to me. He has an AnSchutz Target rifle, thought about going that way but did read some of the posts about the Hammerli (whatever that is).
: Thanks,
: Beth

Randy

Post by Randy »

: : Hi,
: : I'm looking for a compressed air rifle, preferably used, hopefully a good price. I'm hoping to suprise my son with it, he is currently using a nuematic (sp?) but really needs the compressed. Any suggestions as to majority preference of make and model? By the way, I'm not a shooter so this is reasonably greek to me. He has an AnSchutz Target rifle, thought about going that way but did read some of the posts about the Hammerli (whatever that is).
: : Thanks,
: : Beth

: Beth, if you are looking for a nice used compressed airgun you cant go wrong with the Anschutz 2002. The FWB P70 is also very good, but are sometimes hard to come by used. I would stay away from the Hammerli, they are decent guns, but not the quality of anschutz or FWB.
I own a Hammerli AR50 Pro and I find it every bit as capable as the Anschutz or FWB. I have found that the rifles manufactures mentioned are all equally capable of making a one whole group, so what it boils down to is a personal choice in what a person likes and comfort. The one negative thing about all these rifles is that with the dollar taking a daily beating their prices are accelerating faster then the earning power of most americans. My juniors had an opportunity to look at the rifles when they went to the 3P Junior Olympics and most of them chose the Hammerli AR50 Pro. However, this is only my two cents so take it for what it is worth.

randy-at-srv.net.47086.47064