Dissecting the Benneli Kite

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
fc60

St. Gabriel Possenti

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

My quick research revealed...

St. Gabriel Possenti

https://gunowners.wordpress.com/2012/11 ... un-owners/

Cheers,

Dave
spektr

Re: Dissecting the Benneli Kite

Post by spektr »

Efim Khaidirov is the patron saint of pistol goodness
6string

Post by 6string »

Saint Barbara, patron saint of artillerymen and armorers
IMG_4547.JPG
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Back on topic...

The thermal expansion coefficient of the inner brass piece brass is around 11.2 to 11.3 microinches/F. The outer aluminum piece 13.1. As was mentioned before, this difference means that if you gently heat the entire mechanism, the aluminum should expand more than the brass, and help to free things up.

I'd put some Kroil on the joint, let it soak in, and then gently heat the area with a hair dryer, while applying torque. I know people with stuck machinery (lathe chucks) who had success by clamping things with a lever & weights so the joint can be left under tension for days.

I realize it doesn't apply to this particular problem, but the OP mentioned a stripped hex screw earlier. I've found quite a bit of variation in the quality of hex keys. Many are undersized, and a lot of them have the ends sheared at a slight angle, both of which make it more likely to strip the screw. After measuring and examining a whole bunch of hex keys under a microscope, I only use Bondhus brand on anything extra critical. Although they don't list them as such, I'm pretty certain that's what McMaster Carr sells.
spektr

Post by spektr »

+1 on Bondhus
thirdwheel

Post by thirdwheel »

possibly another major reason it did not shift was that it was not being held firmly in a big immovable vice (with protection) but simply with a shifting spanner in the other hand.
I'm so pleased there are other engineers that analyse what they have under microscopes, there are a couple of British makes of Allen key that I would dain to use but more and more I swap them for torx when rebuilding. Pcp pistols are quite simple to service you just have to work methodically when faced with a new type and use quality everything including light and vision.
B Lafferty

Post by B Lafferty »

thirdwheel wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:16 pm possibly another major reason it did not shift was that it was not being held firmly in a big immovable vice (with protection) but simply with a shifting spanner in the other hand.
I'm so pleased there are other engineers that analyse what they have under microscopes, there are a couple of British makes of Allen key that I would dain to use but more and more I swap them for torx when rebuilding. Pcp pistols are quite simple to service you just have to work methodically when faced with a new type and use quality everything including light and vision.
In another month when I'm fully Covid vaccinated I will go over to a friend's workshop and give it one more try being careful to not damage the frozen part. If it still will not unscrew, I'll use all possible force to free it and not worry about damaging the threads that the air cylinder screws down on. As long as I can get it out it will hopefully be replaceable and possible to order from Benelli directly along with any o rings that also need replacing.
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh