Caps & Blinders

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

David Levene

Caps & Blinders

Post by David Levene »

Just thought that I would let you know that I have received an email from the ISSF apologising for any trouble caused by the original mistaken rule announcement.
In my best Oscar winner acceptance speach voice:-
"I accept this apology, not just for myself, but for all shooters worldwide..................."
I must admit that I did not believe that the ISSF were capable of apologising for anything. At least on a personal level, I was wrong.
dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.46612.0
Stan Pace

Re: Caps & Blinders

Post by Stan Pace »

: Just thought that I would let you know that I have received an email from the ISSF apologising for any trouble caused by the original mistaken rule announcement.
David,
What is the final rule? Do you have a link to it?
Thanks.
Helen

Post by Helen »

Boy, I'm behind the times. Has the ISSF backed down on their new rules for cap blinders, blinders on shooting glasses & the 2cm blinder on shooting glasses? I coach a group of juniors & have them working with the "new" rules, but if we can go back to the old one.....
Thanks
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

: : Just thought that I would let you know that I have received an email from the ISSF apologising for any trouble caused by the original mistaken rule announcement.
: David,
: What is the final rule? Do you have a link to it?
The link is the same as for the original "mistaken" rules.

dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.46680.46664
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

: Boy, I'm behind the times. Has the ISSF backed down on their new rules for cap blinders, blinders on shooting glasses & the 2cm blinder on shooting glasses? I coach a group of juniors & have them working with the "new" rules, but if we can go back to the old one.....
The latest version does allow cap flaps of defined size and position. Other than that there are few changes.
My biggest complaint was that they issued a set of rules under the signatures of the ISSF President and the ISSF General Secretary and then tried to "magic" them away. I am still not totally sure about the legality of what they have done as the "mistaken" rule numbers, officially issued and signed as above, have not been officially withdrawn.

dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.46681.46678
Stan Pace

Thanks, David (NT)

Post by Stan Pace »