Revisiting Benelli Kite Service

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
B Lafferty

Re: Revisiting Benelli Kite Service

Post by B Lafferty »

I much appreciate the replies. I'm quite reluctant to attempt this repair myself.

Out of curiosity, do any of the airgun manufacturers make modular regulator units that can simply be removed and replaced? That would seem to be a much better design alternative.
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I think the Steyr regulator can be replaced as an assembly.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I'm pretty sure I remember that Pilk would do a regulator exchange (do it yourself) for about $70.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

Yes, the Steyr regulator comes out as a unit. I bought a spare to have, and fixed my own by simply taking it apart and lubing the o-rings. Our host will rebuild yours for $75.
After taking it apart, and cleaning the firing valve too, I can sure appreciate the simplicity of the Steyr, even though I never liked the square looks of them.
B Lafferty

Post by B Lafferty »

brent375hh wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:17 pm Yes, the Steyr regulator comes out as a unit. I bought a spare to have, and fixed my own by simply taking it apart and lubing the o-rings. Our host will rebuild yours for $75.
After taking it apart, and cleaning the firing valve too, I can sure appreciate the simplicity of the Steyr, even though I never liked the square looks of them.
You have someone who can rebuild my Kite's regulator for $75?? Am I reading that correctly?
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Only applies to Steyrs.