Anschutz 2002 alum. vs Hammerli

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Katy

Anschutz 2002 alum. vs Hammerli

Post by Katy »

which is better?
some of you may remember me asking this same question about the ans vs the fwb. I was all ready to purchase a ANS today when someone told me to take a close look at the Hammerli. It looks pretty nice but I have no way of trying the rifle. Please spare me the track record of the ans I know that it is impressive. I want to know the pros and cons of each as far as weight (I like heavier rifles), balance, trigger and its reliability, action, recoil, adjustment, and overall design. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated
David

Re: Anschutz 2002 alum. vs Hammerli

Post by David »

Well, I cannot say that I have actually fired a Hammerli. However, I have a friend who has one. I can't vouch for the trigger, but here's my analysis:
Sights: The Hammerli sight is excellent from what I hear, second only to the Anschutz 7020, which will fit the Hammerli I believe.
Stock: The grip and cheekpiece are fine, the cheepiece is rubbery and has the rough grip material. I think the buttplate and cheekpiece adjustments are not as simple as on the Anschutz stocks.
Action: It's kinda cool. Has the Walther style loading ramp with a handle to close and a button that pops it open. Fun to play with.
The simple answer: try them both. Since you can't, don't worry, there is no wrong answer. I think they are both excellent rifles. Only real difference is the loading port on the action, which you can decide on. No matter which one you choose, you cant go wrong. It comes down to which one YOU like the best, because mentally knowing you have the best will help your performance. Pick whichever one YOU feel is "the best".

deamiot-at-aol.com.46903.46902
Katy

Post by Katy »

This sounds like great advise. Thank you very much
Happy shooting and Happy Holidays!
Katy
: Well, I cannot say that I have actually fired a Hammerli. However, I have a friend who has one. I can't vouch for the trigger, but here's my analysis:
: Sights: The Hammerli sight is excellent from what I hear, second only to the Anschutz 7020, which will fit the Hammerli I believe.
: Stock: The grip and cheekpiece are fine, the cheepiece is rubbery and has the rough grip material. I think the buttplate and cheekpiece adjustments are not as simple as on the Anschutz stocks.
: Action: It's kinda cool. Has the Walther style loading ramp with a handle to close and a button that pops it open. Fun to play with.
: The simple answer: try them both. Since you can't, don't worry, there is no wrong answer. I think they are both excellent rifles. Only real difference is the loading port on the action, which you can decide on. No matter which one you choose, you cant go wrong. It comes down to which one YOU like the best, because mentally knowing you have the best will help your performance. Pick whichever one YOU feel is "the best".

Matvei

Post by Matvei »

I can give only comments my son has told about Hämmerli. He is now 16, and shoots AR50 AluPro and loves all those properties and behaviour of the gun. What ever is your choice, try them all. So did we. Note the easiness of loading ,and almost recoiless firing while trying Hämmerli compared with others. Sure these concern only the latest AR50 models. Somebody claimed the poor service of Hämmerli at bigger shooting events. Still, we have not met those problems which naturally must be taken into consideration while making any bigger shooting investment.
I wish you great success, and plenty of tens in the year 2004.
Matti_Tarvainen-at-hotmail.com.46908.46904
Mac

Post by Mac »

It is perhaps worth considering how the stocks are made - the Anschütz is cast, and they have a habit of snapping in transit. Can't swear to it, but I think the Hammerli is machined, so will be much stronger.
Only other comment is that the Hammerli is so smooth to fire that you are more aware of the pellet hitting the backstop than you are of the rifle going off.
: I can give only comments my son has told about Hämmerli. He is now 16, and shoots AR50 AluPro and loves all those properties and behaviour of the gun. What ever is your choice, try them all. So did we. Note the easiness of loading ,and almost recoiless firing while trying Hämmerli compared with others. Sure these concern only the latest AR50 models. Somebody claimed the poor service of Hämmerli at bigger shooting events. Still, we have not met those problems which naturally must be taken into consideration while making any bigger shooting investment.
: I wish you great success, and plenty of tens in the year 2004.

pdeal

Post by pdeal »

Katy: A fellow down the page a bit had what seemed to me to be a real good deal on a used but recently refurbished AR50. If you get a used one you can buy it, try it, keep if you like, sell if you don't. His daughter used to shoot for WVU but I guess she is moving on. Here is the post:
http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/m ... 46665.html
Also, keep in mind if you switch airguns you are going to have to write another essay on your new gun! ;-)
pdeal-at-mylanlabs.com.46913.46902
anonymous

Definitive Answer, IMAO

Post by anonymous »

: which is better?
: some of you may remember me asking this same question about the ans vs the fwb. I was all ready to purchase a ANS today when someone told me to take a close look at the Hammerli. It looks pretty nice but I have no way of trying the rifle. Please spare me the track record of the ans I know that it is impressive. I want to know the pros and cons of each as far as weight (I like heavier rifles), balance, trigger and its reliability, action, recoil, adjustment, and overall design. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated
Weight: Completely customizable on air rifles
Balance: see above
Trigger: Walther makes the best triggers. Ans and FWB are equal. I don't trust hammerli's, the design and materials is not as good.
Action: Ans wins, hands down.
Recoil: If you really need a gun that doesn't recoil, then you have problems other than your gun.
Adjustment: FWB and ANS are equal, followed by walther then by hammerli.
overall design: top is a toos-up b/t ans and fwb, followed by walther and then hammerli.

Ed Knutson

Post by Ed Knutson »

Katy:
In the past few years, I have purchased examples of all of the currently available crop of aluminum-stocked compressed air rifles for clients and have had a significant amount of time with each of them. The one that I have chosen for myself is the Hammerli AR-50 Alu Pro. I find the ergonomics preferable to all of the others and am very satisfied with the quality, adjustability and performance. Having said that, I just finished my first session with a new Anschutz 9003 premium. See my detailed impressions of this new rifle as a follow-up to an earlier post inquiring about it. I'm still going to stay with my Hammerli until something else comes along that is better.
the2lts-at-earthlink.net.46938.46902
Grzegorz

Post by Grzegorz »

Simple - all shot tens. When I had to decide which air rifle I want to buy I just went to a shop (R.Recht in Wolfisheim, France) with my jacket and pants, glasses etc. and I asked LG300alutec, P70alu, CA2002alu, AR50alu and took my time to adjust each one, to verify in dryfire which is the best to me. I came with a strong will to buy P70 or LG300 and finally finished with ... AR50alu. I have been extremally happy with this air rifle. Then I found my way to buy it a bit "nonprofessional"... I decided to buy "the best one" advised by coaches - P70. I was looking for air rifle for my son, so I went to Oberndorf and ordered P70alu with a "selected barrel". So, I bought it in the source. Great air rifle. My son reached 577 PB and coudn not break the level for 12 months. He had a problem with - let's say - "Gonci's head", a rifle was canted outside, the middle of the weight was too much to the right, left-right problem on the target was clear. It was not possible to adjust P70 to solve the problem. So, one month ago I gave him my AR50alu. No problem to adjust it. A week ago Adam shot 581 and I am pretty sure he will progress with AR50.
I do not write this to say - AR50 is the best air rifle. I write this to say - my first way to look and chose and buy the rifle was much more professional than the second one. One must try all possible rifles and to take a choice afterthat. That's all. All shot tens..
And all "definitive answers" are simply ridiculous...
Grzegorz
Katy

Thanks for all the input everyone!

Post by Katy »

I posted this just to find out the the quality of the hammerli compared to the anschutz and depending on the feedback I get from my coach that Ill be shooting for next year in college I'll probably go for the Hammerli.
Thank you everyone for your help... I was glad to get so much because I know guns shoot differently for different people and the overall feedback on the hammerli was positive -- giving me more confidence in this buy.
Thanks again and Happy Holidays,
Katy
GaryN

Re: Thanks for all the input everyone!

Post by GaryN »

Kathy
What Grzegorz did was ideal. I wish I could do that myself. Unfortunately at the range when trying out someone elses gun, I just could not bring myself to ask if I could change all the adjustments to make it fit me, knowing how much of a PIA it would be to adjust it back to fit the owner. But if the owner is willing, and has the gun marked to more easily get back to his/her personal setting, that is the only way to see if and how the gun will fit you.
I tried a 2002-CA-Alu and it did not fit me, but the owner was a foot taller and thinner than me and nothing fit me. But it was due to the stock being adjusted for him, and not me.
I just went through the same exercise with 3 air pistols; Anschutz @ jr, Morini, and Steyr LP10. All 3 pistols did not fit my hand. And since the owners did not offer to adjust the grip/trigger, I did not ask to do it. I tried them for fit and was able to get a good idea of how they fit. The only problem one was the Steyr, which had a large grip which was too big for my small/medium hand.
Gud Luk
Gary

: I posted this just to find out the the quality of the hammerli compared to the anschutz and depending on the feedback I get from my coach that Ill be shooting for next year in college I'll probably go for the Hammerli.
: Thank you everyone for your help... I was glad to get so much because I know guns shoot differently for different people and the overall feedback on the hammerli was positive -- giving me more confidence in this buy.
: Thanks again and Happy Holidays,
: Katy